10280Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Letterpress economics

  • Blue Barnhouse
    Dec 2 12:45 PM
      For custom work we make it a strict policy to take half up front, the
      other half before delivery. Chasing down delinquent payments on one
      time or even two time clients is one administrative duty I refuse to
      perform and its difficult to pay employees for work they've done
      without immediate payment for services rendered.

      With wholesale greetings its different, we can't avoid customers who
      are used to Net 30, some won't buy without that option, and if our
      sales reps vouch for their clients who want N30, we have no choice but
      to comply. To the defense of the N30, it is kind of nice to have a
      check fall out of the sky when you're not really thinking about it.

      We try and make our wholesale customers pay up front for their first
      order at least. But w/ Museums and chain stores you have to bend the
      rules. For the most part we haven't had any delinquents and a gentle
      nudge is all it takes for those who are late-- I have yet to have to
      fly out to a customer's shop and burn it down in retribution for
      failure to pay, but believe me if it gets to that point, I am willing.

      Brandon