10278Re: Letterpress economics

  • Barbara Hauser
    Dec 2, 2008
      Hi Gerald and all,

      I'm just a hobby printer so I don't have a business to report on.
      However, I'm always in the market for type and other studio equipment,
      and I'm getting the impression that prices are considerably lower than
      they have been. I'm getting like-new fonts of ATF type for $30,
      whereas they use to go for at least $50. But maybe everyone's
      switching to photopolymer.

      > . . . I have not experienced a significant slow down, I have sensed it
      > everywhere, but things still seem viable in this sector. How are other
      > folks doing?
      > Gerald
      > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic