1023Re: [PPLetterpress] More reading...

  • ken botnick
    Nov 3, 2002
      I have been teaching typography for a few years now and almost
      everyone I talk to who teaches says the same thing: ain't no text
      available that's worth much.

      However, this year I ordered Willi Kunz's TYPOGRAPHY: MACRO + MICRO
      AESTHETICS, published by Niggli/Willi Kunz Books, ISBN 3-7212-0348-8.
      It is extremely well organized, has a nice balance of theory and
      practice, and it is really beautifully presented, a very nice
      package, which is important given its price. (I have 'tested' this
      book on a few non-type types and the response has usually been
      something along the lines of "oh, so that's what you do", which I
      have taken to be a good sign.)

      Not only a source of much good typographic information but a very
      nice lesson in book design.

      Ken
      --
      Ken Botnick
      Associate Professor, Visual Communications