10053Re: Bauer Barcelona

  • Norman L McKnight
    Aug 13, 2008
      A fellow letterpess printer, Matt Kelsey, inquired of me about the
      Bauer Foundry in Barcelona, as he planned a visit in August. Too
      late, unfortunately:

      "Sorry to tell you that we have ceased to cast metal types. WE keep a
      few fonts in stock, but we are unable to cut them to American height
      .918. We just continue here at Bauer Types the sale of digital type-
      faces." Wolfgang Hartmann

      I have no information on the disposition of matrices or equipment.
      I presume it goes to the University of Barcelona School of Graphic
      Arts; they already have the casting machines above 36 point.

      Norman McKnight
      Philoxenia Press
      Berkeley
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic