Re: ParaHawking!...A must see...amazing!!

  • Dell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
      Sweet video but I must say my launch is much smoother and cleaner than the Hawk's:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFJg7JixinI

      I believe I am also the only person in the world to chase a Hawk down and catch it. A wild Hawk. So until the Hawk shows some real talent then I don't think he can really compete with me for the title. lol. Anytime that Hawk wants another go for air superiority though then I'm his huckleberry.

      Very cool video.

      --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "matt.page69" <matt.page69@...> wrote:

      > http://www.wimp.com/parahawkingnepal/

    • matt.page69
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011
        lmfao....lol...lol...Dell what have you been smokin` buddy? ...lol... Now I know you are good...perhaps excellent at flying, but catching a hawk whilst on a paraglider!!...I find that one a bit hard to believe my friend. I am afraid that I would have to see some photographic evidence before I believe that story!...lol

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011
          Thanks for the compliment in suggesting what I have truly done is beyond belief:). I take that as a huge pat on the back. I have indeed won a dogfight with a hawk though and I did indeed chase his butt down. I then stepped gently on his back to help guide him safely under me as I overtook him. The feeling was something I will never ever forget. As I stepped on his back I could feel the lift of his wings and it is amazing how much lift they produce. It was an incredible feeling to literally step on a Hawk's back in flight.

          That particular day I just happened to be flying a 16sm Geforce 360 acro glider with a Flat Top 200. While flying by some large trees this hawk very aggressively started diving at me and engaging me. Not one to back down from a challenge I found out exactly what some super skills on the right equipment can do. Too dang fun!!

          --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "matt.page69" <matt.page69@...> wrote:

          > lmfao....lol...lol...Dell what have you been smokin` buddy? ...lol... Now I know you are good...perhaps excellent at flying, but catching a hawk whilst on a paraglider!!...I find that one a bit hard to believe my friend. I am afraid that I would have to see some photographic evidence before I believe that story!...lol
          >

          > --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "Dell" <dellschanze@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Sweet video but I must say my launch is much smoother and cleaner than the Hawk's:
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFJg7JixinI
          > >
          > > I believe I am also the only person in the world to chase a Hawk down and catch it. A wild Hawk. So until the Hawk shows some real talent then I don't think he can really compete with me for the title. lol. Anytime that Hawk wants another go for air superiority though then I'm his huckleberry.
          > >
          > > Very cool video.
          > >
          > > --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "matt.page69" <matt.page69@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.wimp.com/parahawkingnepal/

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011
            Dell is actually a bird whisperer. I will never forget the time on the beach when he talked a seagull through a near perfect takeoff. He couldn't get the bird to come around and take another shot at it though. :)

            --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "Dell" <dellschanze@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the compliment in suggesting what I have truly done is beyond belief:). I take that as a huge pat on the back. I have indeed won a dogfight with a hawk though and I did indeed chase his butt down. I then stepped gently on his back to help guide him safely under me as I overtook him. The feeling was something I will never ever forget. As I stepped on his back I could feel the lift of his wings and it is amazing how much lift they produce. It was an incredible feeling to literally step on a Hawk's back in flight.
            >
            > That particular day I just happened to be flying a 16sm Geforce 360 acro glider with a Flat Top 200. While flying by some large trees this hawk very aggressively started diving at me and engaging me. Not one to back down from a challenge I found out exactly what some super skills on the right equipment can do. Too dang fun!!
            >
            > --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "matt.page69" <matt.page69@> wrote:
            > >
            > > lmfao....lol...lol...Dell what have you been smokin` buddy? ...lol... Now I know you are good...perhaps excellent at flying, but catching a hawk whilst on a paraglider!!...I find that one a bit hard to believe my friend. I am afraid that I would have to see some photographic evidence before I believe that story!...lol
            > >

            > > --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "Dell" <dellschanze@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Sweet video but I must say my launch is much smoother and cleaner than the Hawk's:
            > > >
            > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFJg7JixinI
            > > >
            > > > I believe I am also the only person in the world to chase a Hawk down and catch it. A wild Hawk. So until the Hawk shows some real talent then I don't think he can really compete with me for the title. lol. Anytime that Hawk wants another go for air superiority though then I'm his huckleberry.
            > > >
            > > > Very cool video.

          • lee
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 9, 2011
              what sort of hawk was it/?

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 9, 2011
                lol that was dang funny haha. I totally remember that one and it was quite hilarious. It was like the bird was on radio and did every single thing I told him to do. He did ok but not as good as some of my other students:).

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 9, 2011
                  A big huge brown one. The dogfight went on for quite some time as he kept diving at my wing and then circling around. I finally worked him down to lower altitude and overtook him only about 3-5 ft off the ground where he could no longer dive away from me. It was seriously wild with the 16sm Geforce 360 acro glider. That thing is freaking awesome to fly. Air superiority baby!!

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 10, 2011
                    Hmnnn ...lol...`A big huge brown one` hey? Well, as I never see you on a PPG without a video camera on your helmet Dell, I expect to see some photographic masterpiece to prove it buddy!!...lol

                    --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "Dell" <dellschanze@...> wrote:

                    > A big huge brown one. The dogfight went on for quite some time as he kept diving at my wing and then circling around. I finally worked him down to lower altitude and overtook him only about 3-5 ft off the ground where he could no longer dive away from me. It was seriously wild with the 16sm Geforce 360 acro glider. That thing is freaking awesome to fly. Air superiority baby!!

                  • Shane Denherder
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 10, 2011
                      Yeah pita would love that video

                      On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 3:03 AM, matt.page69 <matt.page69@...> wrote:

                      Hmnnn ...lol...`A big huge brown one` hey? Well, as I never see you on a PPG without a video camera on your helmet Dell, I expect to see some photographic masterpiece to prove it buddy!!...lol

                      --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "Dell" <dellschanze@...> wrote:

                      > A big huge brown one. The dogfight went on for quite some time as he kept diving at my wing and then circling around. I finally worked him down to lower altitude and overtook him only about 3-5 ft off the ground where he could no longer dive away from me. It was seriously wild with the 16sm Geforce 360 acro glider. That thing is freaking awesome to fly. Air superiority baby!!

                    • Mark Zinkel
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 11, 2011
                        Matt,

                        You don't believe it. Trust me dude, I was there. Dell was doing wingtip drags on the top of the birds wings as it was flying!!!! Then he proceeded to surf on the back of the huge brown hawk. Unfortunately Dell left his GoPro in his garage overnight and there was condensation inside the waterproof case that made the video fuzzy.

                        Dell, you forgot to mention the best part of the story-the wingtip drags!

                        Mark Zinkel

                        On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 2:03 AM, matt.page69 <matt.page69@...> wrote:

                        Hmnnn ...lol...`A big huge brown one` hey? Well, as I never see you on a PPG without a video camera on your helmet Dell, I expect to see some photographic masterpiece to prove it buddy!!...lol

                        --- In PPGTRUTH@yahoogroups.com, "Dell" <dellschanze@...> wrote:

                        > A big huge brown one. The dogfight went on for quite some time as he kept diving at my wing and then circling around. I finally worked him down to lower altitude and overtook him only about 3-5 ft off the ground where he could no longer dive away from me. It was seriously wild with the 16sm Geforce 360 acro glider. That thing is freaking awesome to fly. Air superiority baby!!

                      • Robert Vas
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 11, 2011
                          an then animal protection or whatever will
                          screen their @@ses off ;)

                          Robert

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 11, 2011
                            No need for theatrics. I did indeed chase down a hawk and step on its back. It might sound impossible but it is actually quite real. This was back before GoPro cameras though so there is no video.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 12, 2011
                              lol... righto Dell, it seems that Mark was a `hawk-eye` witness to these amazing feats...so I therefore (theatrically) knight you
                              SUPER-HAWK-DELL or SHD for short!!...lol From now on you have the right to use this special name!...lol... but seriously, well done!...that would have been amazing to witness alright!

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 12, 2011
                                I may or may not have witnessed Dell taking down another bird of prey, and may or may not have video'd it.  Twice.

                                Who gives a "hoot".

                                Shane

                              • cmhoover06
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 12, 2011
                                  Shane..are you saying you want to get that big huge brown one on some pita bread for lunch...or do you mean PETA....LOL

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 12, 2011
                                    Gimme a break, I was hungry when I wrote that ROFL!