Re: Symmetric spiral danger

  • Dell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2011
      In order to get an EN-A rating a glider should not exceed 14m/s even after 2 full 360 spirals. 2 full 360 spirals is a serious dive. Even still a well made glider should really recover from a spiral on its own. I went tunnel vision several times testing the spiral recovery of the K2. Every time it recovered immediately when I let go of the brakes completely. Not all gliders are created equal. That video shows you need to be even more careful then just choosing based on certifications. As for my loved ones they fly K2s exclusively until I find something better.

      If you want something hotter though and a bit better for hard core acro then the U-Turn Obsession would be the ticket. Plus the XL Obsession makes the best dang tandem glider I've ever flown by a huge gigantic margin. I hate tandem gliders with a passion. The XL Obsession freaking rocks for tandem. 35.5sm, glide ratio on par with the K2 and it handles like a dream. Very sweet wing.

      Dell