Indonesia shuts down Ahmadiyya Mosque in latest sign of intolerance

  • Sunny
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2013
      Ref:  Minoritas lain tunggu giliran!

      Indonesia shuts down Ahmadiyya Mosque in latest sign of intolerance

      Posted by Rafiq A. Tschannen

      BEKASI, Indonesia (AFP) – Indonesian authorities on Thursday shut down a mosque of the minority Muslim Ahmadiyah sect, in the latest sign of growing religious intolerance in the country.

      Dozens of followers of the sect scuffled with officials putting up a fence around the Al-Misbah mosque on the outskirts of Jakarta to stop worshippers from using it, an AFP correspondent said.

      “There is no freedom of religion in this country. May God give us strength to face this sad situation,” said Mr Rochim, a 65-year-old Ahmadiyah follower, as the mosque was closed off.

      “If we cannot pray in our mosque, we will pray outside the mosque, even in the open air.”

      Source: Straitstimes

      http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/asia/story/indonesia-shuts-down-ahmadiya-mosque-latest-sign-intolerance-20130405