Fw: [indonesia-act] The Inside Indonesia Photography Competition
- "We aim to raise awareness about the diversity of Indonesian society, and
about the struggles of those Indonesians who aim to achieve greater democracy,
human rights, gender and racial equality, tolerance and environmental
Prizes:At the conclusion of the competition there will be 2 prizes awarded.
- 1 award for best image as chosen by a panel of II judges: $150
- 1 peoples choice winner awarded to the image with the most votes: $100
- The competition will open on April 1 2013 and close on July 1 2013.
- Entrants must submit entries to the competition via our Facebook hosted application at: Inside Indonesia Photography Competition
- Entries are limited to 3 photos per person
- Submissions must be made in JPEG, TIFF or PSD file formats.
- A shortlist of 30 entries will be available through the Facebook hosted application where readers may vote for their favourite entry. There is a limit of one vote per user.
- Voting for the People's Choice award will close at 9pm AEST September 1 2013.
- The 30 shortlisted images will be exhibited at the Herb Feith Foundation at the event celebrating 30 years of Inside Indonesia in October 2013.
- The 30 shortlisted entries will be published in a book commemorating 30 years of Inside Indonesia, available for sale through the II website.
Rules pageBy entering your photo/s to the Inside Indonesia Photography Competition, entrants agree to the following conditions:
- The entrants owns the image
- The image is not manipulated or the result of a digital composition
- Entrants may submit a maximum of one image per day
- While the Eligible Entrant retains the copyright of all images submitted as competition entries, the entrant grants Inside Indonesia the right to unlimited world-wide use of the photos for organisation brochures, promotion and advertising relating to products or services from Inside Indonesia, including without limitation agreeing to the publication of any finalists' photograph in any form. Note: the entrant still retains ownerships of copyright, albeit with the grant of a broad license to Inside Indonesia to use the photos.
Donate today. Read ETAN's fund appeal: http://etan.org/etan/2013appeal.htm
Shop ETAN. Order books and more from ETAN http://etan.org/resource/books.htm
2012 Recipient of the Order of Timor (Ordem Timor)
John M. Miller, National Coordinator
East Timor & Indonesia Action Network (ETAN)
Phone: +1-718-596-7668 Mobile phone: +1-917-690-4391
Email: etan@... Skype: john.m.miller Twitter: @etan009
Send a blank e-mail message to info@... to for information on other ETAN electronic resources on East Timor and Indonesia
- "We aim to raise awareness about the diversity of Indonesian society, and about the struggles of those Indonesians who aim to achieve greater democracy, human rights, gender and racial equality, tolerance and environmental sustainability."