Lucyna has another idea

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2006
      Hi folks

      Its that season of the year where one dwells about family and friends.  And I have come up with an idea -= yes another one.  My return from Poland  has brought about some concepts.

      A few minutes ago I  rang to convey my condolences to the widow of the recently departed president of the Polish RSL and Polish airforce association.  He was a close friend of my parents and spoke at both my parents funerals.

      I asked who was taking over these activities now that Pan Pior Koziell has passed away.  She just kept on repeating "well that is now all over".

      So who is now left  to carry the flame and the memory.  I dont think that the RSL  or the Air Force Association has scope for second generationers or family members.

      SO my ideas is that in Australia we set up a grouping for descendants and family members of Polish war veterans.

      The aim would be to maintain the memory of our family members who took part in previous wars - represent their interests and also the interests of widows within the Polish and Australian communities.

      GIven there is still a large Polish community in Melbourne - it could be based here but with Australia wide representation.

      Activities could be purely social or also historical.

      We could present our narrative in the view of Poland and other diaspora organisations.

      I have thought of the SPK - I know that in CAnada they have recruited heavily in the second generation but in Australia it is top heavy with the older generation and I know younger people are finding it difficult to survive in it.

      This would be largely second and third generation driven.  And it would have a different spirit but still maintain some of the old.

      Am I off in with the fairies or could their be some interest.  Please tell me.

      Lucyna
      Melbourne Australia