In Darkness

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2012

      Last Sunday I had the opportunity to see a preview of Agnieszka Holland’s “In Darkness”.  It is being released in Australia on 17th.

      If you have a chance to see it – I would recommend that you see it.  It gives an insight into Poland’s multicultural and multilingual past.

      And if you understand Polish and you don’t fully understand some of the dialogue (like a young friend of mine) – the reason is that there is much of the Lwow Dialect – which unfortunately is dying out with the older generation.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lw%C3%B3w_dialect

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batiar

      so if you have roots in that area it is well worth seeing.

      The film is based on a real story and Agnieszka Holland has made another great film.

      If you want to see an interview with one of the survivors characters from the  film

      In Polish

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2OFt-umCI

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_acuzt8uHk

      IN ENGLISH