877Polish festival at Federation Square in Melbourne

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Nov 6, 2013

      Greetings folks

      Yes it is that time of the year again when the biggest Polish festival in the southern hemisphere here in Melbourne will take place. It is on Sunday, 17 November at Federation Square. Yes there will be between 40 and 60,000 Polish people and friends having our great and wonderful time, devouring thousands of pierogi, potato pancakes and Polish doughnuts accompanied of course with the obligatory bottle of Polish beer.

      Yes as in the last two years, Kresy Siberia together with the Polish Museum and archives in Australia will have a tent and store promoting our activities. So if you are in the vicinity of this fantastic event on the day please drop in and say hello

      However a better idea would be to turn up and help us run stall. We will have handouts and guidance for people who are doing their family research. And in previous years there have been an number of individuals who joined up with our group because of their contact with us at the festival. So if you can help out on the day please email me in the next few days so that we can work out the timetable stop even a couple of hours assistance would be useful so there would be plenty of time for you to explore the multitude of other stalls there as well as C that performances of the various folkloric groups on stage. A little birdie has told me that there will be  groups coming from other states including Obertas from Brisbane, Lajkonik and Syrenka from Sydney, and Tatry from Adelaide, as well as the Slowak Group Liptar, and of course, Polonez and Lowicz, all from Melbourne. The festival appears to be bigger then Ben Hur.

      So if you have never been please do come it is a wonderful event to rediscover your Polish heritage and to get a feel of the Polish community in Victoria.

      Best regards

      Lucyna