Re: [PNLHmembers] Branding Iron, spider skillet, etc.

  • markbarb2@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2011

      Jim - John wants $375 for the dollar.

      No one other than Tom has replied about the spider skillet.

      Seems like a good price for a period piece to me.

      Mark

      From: markbarb2@...
      Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:10:19 +0000
      Subject: [PNLHmembers] Branding Iron, spider skillet, etc.

      Yesterday, I went to the Oregon Historical Society, and I learned that our LCTHF chapter visit (and my email to this group) resulted in them selling about 10 replica brands, and several new memberships. That's good news for the OHS.

      One of the people who bought a brand (John Fisher from Idaho) is also trying to obtain a period spider skillet.
      He has located a dealer back east who has 3 for sale, and wants to know if our group would like to buy the "second-best" one when he makes the purchase.

      These are period pieces, not replicas, and slightly larger than the one in the Oregon Historical society, but would be good for "hands-on" interpretation. The price is $100 + shipping (probably at least $20 because of the weight).

      I've attached photos of the skillets that John sent me, as well as photos of a 1798 silver dollar that he wants to sell if anyone is interested.
      Mark Johnson

    • Jim Phillips
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
        Mark:

        Good price for the skillet; but I'm not sure that we can afford to add one to our gear. Especially in view of the fact that we don't cook inside the Fort these days. Appreciate the information about the dollar. It is a little out of my price range!

        Have a great day!

        Jim

        "We Proceed On...."

        To: PNLHmembers@yahoogroups.com