Re: [PNLHmembers] Surplus Book Sale this Saturday at Oregon Historical Society Research Library

  • orthmannjohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21 4:03 PM

      Michael,

      Thanks for the notice, but unfortunately I could not go down for it.  I hope you picked up some good books.

      John O.

      From: Oregon Historical Society <Communications@...>
      Subject: Surplus Book Sale this Saturday in the Research Library
      To: michaelharbour@...
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 3:18 PM

      If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

      Share this:
      The Oregon Historical Society | Founded 1898
      Donate Online
      The Oregon Historical Society’s Davies Family Research Library welcomes you to its spring 2013 surplus book sale on Saturday, April 20, from 10 AM – 4 PM. Admission to the sale is free to Oregon Historical Society members and Multnomah County residents and regular museum admission for non members.
      The books for sale will include thousands of titles relating to Oregon history, as well as general U.S. history and many other subjects. Some will be rare and hard-to-find editions, many dating from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
      Most items will be priced from $1.00-$5.00!
      All of these books duplicate existing OHS holdings or are outside the OHS collecting scope.  Nothing from the Society's permanent collection is being sold.
      The sale will also include duplicate photographic prints copied from the Society's vast holdings, including images of Portland and other locales in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
      For questions about the sale, please contact the Research Library at 503-306-5240, or email Libreference@....
      Also, be sure to swing by the Oregon Historical Society Museum Store to browse spring sale items!  All copper jewelry is on sale for 40% off (regularly priced $17-$129) and all scarves are 20% off (regularly priced $12-$50).

      We have also just added a new collection of Portland housewares, including pillows, dish towels, and glasses - stop by today as they are going fast! Admission to the Museum Store is always free.

      1200 SW Park Avenue Portland Oregon 97205
      Communications@... | (503) 222-1741 | www.ohs.org
      Become our fan on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Give!

      This email was sent to michaelharbour@.... To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

      manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.

      powered by emma

    • marktjohnson2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21 9:40 PM
        Hi folks -

        I was not able to attend because of the Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation meeting, but my dear wife went and bought a couple of books for me:
        Pioneering Naturalists - Paul Cutwright
        Voyages of the Columbia in the Northwest - Mass. Hist. Society.  1941

        The second book includes Capt. Vancouver's journals from 2 trips to the northwest on the Columbia and the Washington, including the discovery of the Columbia River.
        Fun stuff!  She had no idea what to buy, but she chose well.

        Mark