Surplus Book Sale this Saturday at Oregon Historical Society Research Library

  • Michael Harbour
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
      Some of our members might, perhaps, be interested in volumes containing historical information.

      Michael Harbour

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013

        Michael,

        Thanks for the notice, but unfortunately I could not go down for it.  I hope you picked up some good books.

        John O.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
          Hi folks -

          I was not able to attend because of the Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation meeting, but my dear wife went and bought a couple of books for me:
          Pioneering Naturalists - Paul Cutwright
          Voyages of the Columbia in the Northwest - Mass. Hist. Society.  1941

          The second book includes Capt. Vancouver's journals from 2 trips to the northwest on the Columbia and the Washington, including the discovery of the Columbia River.
          Fun stuff!  She had no idea what to buy, but she chose well.

          Mark