Fwd: Thank you all for making a wonderfull Heritage Days 2012

  • deeandjohn87@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012

      Fellow members of the PNLH Corps,

      The message below is from Reade Obern of Washington State Parks, thanking all the participants in Heritage Days, including those who represented the PNLH at the event.

      Now I wish to add my "thank you."  I grew up in Kennewick, just across the river from Pasco, and this was my 10th year interpreting the Corps of Volunteers for Northwestern Discovery at Heritage Days.  Having my friends from the PNLH there to interpret the Lewis and Clark story was truly an honor and a priviledge, and I want to express my deepest gratitude to DeWayne, Elita, Glen, Jim C., Travis and Tom for their outstanding teamwork and splendid comraderie.  I believe that we can all build on this experience as we hopefully put on more third-person events going forward.

      I also want to thank Gary Lentz, my longtime mentor in all things regarding Lewis and Clark, for putting on the red wool sash once again to join us as Sgt. Patrick Gass on Saturday.

      Finally, I want to thank our hosts: Reade, the Manager of Sacajawea State Park - and our fiddling Pvt. Gibson; Chris Ford, Park Ranger and part-time John Shields; and Sharon Stewart, who coordinates the many volunteers at Sacajawea Park, and just kind of holds it all together.

      Thanks to all for an excellent event and a superb weekend!

      John O.