New PNLH member

  • deeandjohn87@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 15, 2012

      Members,

      DeWayne asked me to send this message, since he had some technical difficulty posting it on the PNLHmembers group site; I hope that you will all receive it.  So I will mostly plagiarize Gloria's phrasing of the last new member announcement.  Thanks Gloria!

      I am very pleased to inform members that we have a new member - Jim Cochran has joined our organization. His e-mail address is Jimdincoch5@....  Michael, please add him to our list of members and enable his access to the PNLHmembers Yahoo group website.

      Yr. obt. svt.,

      John O.

    • Michael Harbour
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 15, 2012
        Jim has been added to PNLHMembers

        Michael Harbour
        FreeRice.com Test your knowledge, Feed the hungry.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 15, 2012

          Huzzah!

          John O.

        • wilson206@charter.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 15, 2012
            That's great. Is this the person that Gloria mentioned several months ago or someone new?  For several years prior to and since we've been an "official" group, new people have posted (or the officers have) information about themselves - background, why they're joining, interests, etc.  Hopefully we'll receive a message from Jim introducing himself to the group.  I haven't heard anything else about the person Gloria had mentioned quite some time ago.
            Respectfully,
            Tom

          • GloriaLinkey@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 15, 2012
              Jim comes highly recommended by John O. and the guys from that area. He is an experienced interpreter and has done quite a few programs. Gloria

              In a message dated 6/15/2012 2:55:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, wilson206@... writes:

[...]

              Yr. obt. svt., < /A>
              John O.

            • topknot97
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
                Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Briefly, I am friends with John O. and Glen A., and along with them have been doing Ft. Walla Walla Days and Heritage Days @ Sacajawea State Park for sometime. I love various periods of American History, but have settled on the Colonial period (F&I thru the Rev. War), and Lewis & Clark. I am a member of the Northwest Colonial Reenactors Association (NCRA), and have done various living history events in the NW as well as nationally (Raid on Martin's Station, VA and Boonesborough, KY). I do a Native persona; Cherokee warrior at Martin's, and a Iroquois in the NCRA. I am honored to be a member of the PNLH, and look forward to meeting many of you somewhere on the trail.

                Jim Cochran ("Top Knot", "He who Pierces the Darkness")

              • wilson206@charter.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
                  Thanks Jim, appreciate your introduction and look forward to meeting you.  If you're ever down this way and plan on visiting Ft. Clatsop, please let me know.
                  Tom Wilson (William Clark)

                • GloriaLinkey@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 19, 2012
                    Tom: Thank you for sending such a nice note to our new member, Jim  Cochran. It is very important to keep the intergity of

                       Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.&n bsp; Briefly, I am friends with John O. and Glen A., and along with them have been doing Ft. Walla Walla Days and Heritage Days @ Sacajawea State Park for sometime.  I love various periods of American History, but have settled on the Colonial period (F&I thru the Rev. War), and Lewis & Clark.  I am a member of the Northwest Colonial Reenactors Association (NCRA), and have done various living history events in the NW as well as nationally (Raid on Martin's Station, VA and Boonesborough, KY).  I do a Native persona; Cherokee warrior at Martin's, and a Iroquois in the NCRA.  I am honored to be a member of the PNLH, and look forward to meeting many of you somewhere on the trail.

                  • GloriaLinkey@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 19, 2012
                      Tom: Think I hit the wrong button and sent you an incomplete message. Thank you for sending our new member a welcoming note. It is important to keep the integrity of PNLH intact. The men of Washington are so good about getting us new members and they come highly recommended. See you soon. Gloria