Historical Ball at Locust Grove

  • orthmannjohn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
      If I lived anywhere near Louisville, KY, I would be at this event on January 21st!

      http://www.locustgrove.org/index.htm

      John O.
    • Jim Phillips
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2012
        Ah yes, fond memories of the one and only evening I was privileged to share with 'the Clark Family' while attending grad school in Kentucky. It is indeed a very delightful and interesting place!

        Jim
        "We Proceed On...."

        To: PNLHmembers@yahoogroups.com
        From: deeandjohn87@...
        Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 06:02:31 +0000
        Subject: [PNLHmembers] Historical Ball at Locust Grove

      • markbarb2@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2012
          You would risk court martial for a dancing lesson ?!?!
          You may have been born among Virginians, but you are no dandy.
          Except that you spend way too much time working on those mockersins.

          Pvt. Gibson

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2012

            Pvt. Gibson,

            George, are you having a lark with me?  You must think me a cork-brained rascal if you suppose I would go over the pickets!  After two years eating Collins cooking together in the same mess, you know that I am no Moses Reed.

            Even if I had the notion, we are a long walk from Ken-tuck.  And there is a host of Ind. warries in between.

            I already got my dancing lesson, from the French ladies of St. Charles.  I reckon I don't polish up as shiny as Captain Lewis, but I got no complaints from the ladies.  And as I remember, you enjoyed their company too!

            While we make ready for the voyage home, if any of the 'natives' ask my plans for when we get back to the U. States, I will say I have a mind to visit those mad-moi-sels again.

            Pvt. Whitehouse