Inside the mind of a park visitor

  • Michael Harbour
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2010
      This is from a website called Not Always Right (http://notalwaysright.com/)

      I thought our group might enjoy this peek inside the mind of this (I hope atypical) park visitor:

      Modern Parks Just Aren’t Cutting It

      Park | Tennessee, USA
      (An angry-looking man storms up to me with his camera still around his neck.)
      Customer: “I’d like to file a complaint!”
      Me: “Sorry to hear that sir. What’s the problem?”
      Customer: “Why don’t you call some of your maintenance men to get out in the park and mow the grass?”
      Me: (Assuming he means a lawn area, as this is a national park.) “Where did you mean, sir?”
      (The customer names one of the park’s prime visitation spot, which is famous for its inner fields.)
      Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the grass is kept long to provide habitats and protection for the animals in the park.”
      Customer:”Why the h*** would you do that? Don’t hide them! I paid money to come take pictures of them! The animals are here for me to take pictures of!”

      Michael Harbour
      FreeRice.com Test your knowledge, Feed the hungry.