Cathlapotl Plankhouse talk

  • tdwilson206
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2010
      I just got a nice message from Drouillard inquiring about my talk today at the Cathlapotl Plankhouse in Ridgefield -thank you! If you've never been there, it's sure worth the visit. Not only is it a significant historical location, but extremely beautiful.
      On Nov. 5,1805 when the Expedition paddles past there, several canoes come out to greet the members. Clark said they were "orderly and well disposed". And so were the wonderful people that showed up for my talk that I was honored to be asked to kick off the Plankhouse's season. They counted about 130 people who came. I had such great comments from visitors and perhaps the best responses that I have ever had. Many came from the Portland/Vancouver area, but a few people came from as far away as Salem and Tacoma.
      It is such an honor and privilege to share this story that we have all worked so hard to portray and tell as accurately as possible. When people who have read and studied this story come up and tell you how much they enjoyed it, and that they learned things they had never heard or read before, it makes the countless hours of research worth it. I had several children there and was able to talk to many of them and show them articles as well as many books that I brought.
      So, it was a great day to remember in my "book"
      Best Regards,
      Tom