Bayonetts

  • DeWayne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13 7:45 PM
      On Jim Phillips' daily "Living History" journal entries and commentary, a topic recently arose about the use of bayonets on the expedition. Jim discovered an entry that stated the men made fishing gigs and bayonets on poles to do some fishing. The question is: How do we interpret/incorporate the use of bayonets to the public? As Jum shared in today's commentary, wouldn't it be a great discussion steater or a way to draw visitors into a conversation as you fashioned a gig or attached a bayonet to a rough hewn pole?

      DeWayne
    • deeandjohn87@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14 10:49 PM

        Great idea!