Fw: ARKDIV in the Media

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      Arkansas Division Sea Cadets is co-sponsored and co-supported by the Pacific
      Merchant Marine Council and the Royal Canadian Legion. It is one of the most
      active units in the Pacific Central Region.

      PO3 Stephan Sobolev as a League Cadet in December 2009 received the
      Council's Theodore Roosevelt Youth Ribbon.

      Phelps Hobart, President
      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS

      WO Guilherme Freitas is Arkansas Division's Executive Officer
      Gabriel Mikulich is an Arkansas Division Instructor

      From: Gabriel Mikulich
      Subject: ARKDIV in the Media
      Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 12:14 PM

      I know Memorial day is not about the media attention. All of our Cadets did
      a great job yesterday repersenting ARKDIV and honoring those who have made
      the ultimate sacrifice. That said, somebody caught PO3 Stephan Sobolev in
      the act yesterday in this AP picture (3rd photo down).

      http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2011/05/americans-mark-memorial-day-20.html

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2011

          Since the Arkansas Division had always had their Color Guard, along with their Commanding Officer CAPT Tim Cogan playing taps at the USS San Francisco (CA-38) Memorial Ceremony on SUNDAY, the day before Memorial Day Monday -- this year it was 29 May -- they were so busy with your indicated schedule, they were still able to supply two cadets --SR Allen Peng to play taps, and SN Dillon Peng to play the echo.
         The two of them also played the Navy Hymn while I read the names of the 100 Sailors and 7 Marines killed in action during the Naval Battle Of Guadalcanal.
          We had over 500 in attendance.

        Stan