Fw: ARKDIV in the Media
- Arkansas Division Sea Cadets is co-sponsored and co-supported by the Pacific
Merchant Marine Council and the Royal Canadian Legion. It is one of the most
active units in the Pacific Central Region.
PO3 Stephan Sobolev as a League Cadet in December 2009 received the
Council's Theodore Roosevelt Youth Ribbon.
Phelps Hobart, President
Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS
WO Guilherme Freitas is Arkansas Division's Executive Officer
Gabriel Mikulich is an Arkansas Division Instructor
On Thu, 6/2/11, WO Guilherme Freitas, USNSCC wrote:
From: Gabriel Mikulich
Subject: ARKDIV in the Media
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 12:14 PM
I know Memorial day is not about the media attention. All of our Cadets did
a great job yesterday repersenting ARKDIV and honoring those who have made
the ultimate sacrifice. That said, somebody caught PO3 Stephan Sobolev in
the act yesterday in this AP picture (3rd photo down).
----- Original Message -----
From: Guilherme Freitas
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:09 PM
Subject: Memorial Day weekend Plan of the Day
Attached is the Plan of the Day for Memorial Day weekend.
Also attached are the programs for the Lost Boat Ceremony and the Presidio
Memorial Day Ceremony.
On Sunday, 29MAY11, all hands are expected to attend and support the
Memorial Day Observance and luncheon at Greenlawn Memorial Park with the
Royal Canadian Legion. We will need a five-person color guard. Captain
Timothy Cogan will bugle Taps and Seaman Apprentice Joshua Ritchie will play
On Monday, 30MAY11, Arkansas Division will have a six-person color guard and
a marching unit at the Presidio of San Francisco. Note the muster time
change from 0945 to 0930 to allow the color guard time to gear up. The
Officer in Charge is Instructor Eugene Ritchie and the Leading Petty Officer
is Petty Officer Third Class Meghan Blomdal.
Also on Monday, 30MAY11, we will have a detail at the Lost Boat Ceremony
aboard the USS Pampanito (SS-383). The Officer in Charge is Instructor
Alexey Sobolev and the Detail Leading Petty Officer is Petty Officer Third
Class Stephan Sobolev. The following cadets are part of this detail and will
man the rails:
1. Seaman Alexander Holme
2. Seaman Recruit Ashley Nunez
3. Seaman Recruit Eliana Nunez
4. Recruit Cadet Stacy Nunez
5. Petty Officer Third Class Stephan Sobolev.
- PhelpsFURTHERMORE -----------------------------Since the Arkansas Division had always had their Color Guard, along with their Commanding Officer CAPT Tim Cogan playing taps at the USS San Francisco (CA-38) Memorial Ceremony on SUNDAY, the day before Memorial Day Monday -- this year it was 29 May -- they were so busy with your indicated schedule, they were still able to supply two cadets --SR Allen Peng to play taps, and SN Dillon Peng to play the echo.The two of them also played the Navy Hymn while I read the names of the 100 Sailors and 7 Marines killed in action during the Naval Battle Of Guadalcanal.We had over 500 in attendance.StanIn a message dated 6/1/2011 9:10:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, pmmc@... writes:
Arkansas Division Sea Cadets...