California Maritime Leadership Symposium May 11 -12 [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2011
      Members and Friends,

      Here is one more date that is on our council calendar. I already know a number of our members will be attending. For more information see the attachment or visit http://www.maritimesymposium.com.

      I have offered our council to sponsor (but not host) a "Lets Do Lunch" networking luncheon on either May 11 or 12. I wrote to the Symposium planning committee the following:

      Envisioned would be no-speaker networking lunch at Upper Crust Pizza, 13th and K (1200 K Street, Suite 10)- right behind the Hyatt Hotel about 200 feet from the Convention Center. The buffet restaurant is prepared to offer a selection of soups, salads (a salad bar), pizzas, pasta, dessert and a soda for $10 per person. Everyone would enjoy the convenience, selection, and reasonable price. Plenty for vegetarians so that's covered. Seating is inside as well as patio on the K Street Mall. The cost of the luncheon could be included in the symposium registration fee or itemized separately. The latter is suggested. Upper Crust Pizza has a four star rating on the internet.

      There are plenty of restaurants nearby providing menu service. In the convention center is Wolfgang Puck Express - popular - i.e. sometimes a wait - for beverages, sandwiches, and salads. Starbucks coffee.

      Give me a ring or E-mail reply if you care to do lunch in Sacramento Wednesday or Thursday, May 11 or 12. Welcome your assistance with the council hospitality.