Vice President Youth Affairs Karen Freitas earns Royal Canadian Legion Branch Service Medal

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 7:04 AM
    BRAVO ZULU to Karen Freitas, our council's Vice President - Youth Affaris, and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets!

    One note of clarity. The Pacific Merchant Marine Council supports the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets but is not the Division sponsor. That distinction goes to the Royal Canadian Legion, San Francisco Bay Area Branch 25. BRAVO ZULU to the post for their most valuable aid to the Cadets!

    Also of special note Council Director - Youth Affairs and former Sea Cadet Chief Davis Freitas is now enrolled in the Seafarers International Union's Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship at the Paul Hall Center Piney Point Maryland on a full scholarship! Don't have the details but it all started when I met the president of the union Michael Sacco at the NLUS 2010 Convention in Jacksonville and he asked me if I knew a Sea Cadet within the Arkansas Division highly motivated to become a Seafarer. Davis was the recipient of our council's first Theadore Roosevelt Youth Medal for distinguished service - December 2009.

    The Freitas family is one awesome family. We are most appreciative for their commitment, dedication, and involvement with the Sea Cadets and our Pacific Merchant Marine Council.

    Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS
    The Maritime Logistics Council