Fw: [PCR-NLUS] Navy League Region Meeting Saturday May 7th

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011

      I hope you agree with me that this is a region event to look forward toward. Please calendar it.

      I participated in the region gathering March 26 where we reviewed the upcoming sea services and Navy League year. Some events you are aware of; others are yet to be announced. I will endeavor to keep you posted.

      The region has a blog like Yahoo group website, Pacific Central Region Online Newsletter, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR-NLUS. I established it a few years ago and keep it current - most recently improving the Links page, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR-NLUS/Links. Both of these pages may be seen without signing up but if you care to be assured of receiving region posts such as Bonnie's below, contact PCR-NLUS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

      On May 7th, my thought is to visit some of the Seafarers residing at the Yountville Veterans Home upon completion of the day's region activities. Thought we could do it as a group representing our council. Maybe distribute a remembrance card and small gift to each individual we call upon. Our council is always looking to the future but we also always remember those civilian merchant seamen who went to sea in support of our country's oversea actions along with the military. They are all veterans. Your thoughts on how to do this welcomed - somehow lets just show we appreciate their service and show we care.

      Hope to see you May 7th!

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS
      The Maritime Logistics Council