PACIFIC MERCHANT MARINE COUNCIL LUNCHEON WITH THE GOLDEN GATE CHAPTER, AMMV, 3/26/2011, 11:30 am

  • PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21 11:26 AM
      Reminder from: PMMC-NLUS Yahoo! Group

      Title: PACIFIC MERCHANT MARINE COUNCIL LUNCHEON WITH THE GOLDEN GATE CHAPTER, AMMV

      Date: Saturday March 26, 2011
      Time: 11:30 am - 1:45 pm
      Location: War Memorial Veterans Building, San Francisco, 401 Van Ness Avenue at McAllister Street. Room 207
      Street: 401 Van Ness Avenue at McAllister Street. - Room 207
      City State Zip: San Francisco, California
      Phone: Frank or Lupe Mendez (925) 689--2686 / mendezlaf at aol dot com
      Notes: Members, Liberty Call! We are putting in for Saturday liberty, March 26, with our friends in the Golden Gate Chapter of the American Merchant Marine Veterans!

      Menu: "Great Corned Beef & Cabbage, once again prepared by the "O'Mendes-Mendez brothers."

      Additional Information:

      Time: 1130 to 1230 Happy Hour, 1230 Lunch.

      No program - simply socializing with our AMMV friends - sea stories, reminiscin', jokes...

      There will be a short meeting and a drawing. Donations welcome.

      Parking in the garage across from City Hall is suggested.

      For directions, public transit, and parking: http://sfwmpac.org/vetbuilding/vb_popups/directpark.html

      Also Stan Ellexon advises: "The best parking, if there is room, is on both sides of McAllister, west of Franklin. No meters and good for two hours. Also both sides on Franklin north of McAllister."

      Green attire suggested.

      Frank Mendez and his brother Bob Mendes are members of the Pacific Merchant Marine Council. Same for several other AMMV members.

      For your guests who join the Pacific Merchant Marine Council the meal is complementary.

      Donation: $10 or better - Cash or checks payable to the Golden Gate Chapter, AMMV, upon arrival.

      Reservations appreciated ASAP.