West Coast National Security Symposium March 26th and 27th

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2011
    Navy League members, as before, welcome to attend and participate. Please pass the word.

    Senior Vice President
    Pacific Central Region, NLUS
    _______________________________

    NAVAL WAR COLLEGE
    NATIONAL SECURITY SYMPOSIUM
    SATURDAY / SUNDAY, March 26-27, 2011
    SAN MATEO, CA
    "CHALLENGES OF A LEADERLESS WORLD"

    Dear Naval War College Foundation Member,

    The Naval War College and the Naval War College Foundation will once again head for the West Coast for the National Security Symposium on March 26th and 27th. Join some of our brightest professors as they brief the Reserve Component officers of the Naval Readiness Center on the "Challenges of a Leaderless World." We hope you will be able to attend.

    RADM Roger T. Nolan, USNR (Ret.)
    Executive Director, NWC Foundation
    ______________________________

    WHAT: THE NATIONAL SECURITY AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVAL WAR COLLEGE (NWC) is providing a special team of faculty members to lead a professional analysis and discussion of the important issues faced by the Department of Defense and our country in a challenging future. Bring your questions and your thoughts. All officers and senior enlisted, as well as those interested in our national security are encouraged to attend. Drill credit is authorized.

    BILLETING: Special arrangements have been made with the Marriott Hotel, located at the junction of Hwy 101 and Hwy 92 (less than 5 minutes from the College of San Mateo). The rate is $89.00 plus tax and $10.00 for parking.
    Mention the Naval War College rate.
    CALL (650) 653-6000 FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS.

    WHERE: College of San Mateo Theatre, bldg #3, in the fine arts department.
    Located off Hwy 92, between Hwy’s 101 and 280. Take the Hillsdale exit. Ample free parking is available.

    WHEN: Program 0800-1630 each day. Continental breakfast starting @ 0700 will be provided both days. Because of campus renovation, no on-campus lunches will be provided this year.

    RECEPTION immediately following Saturday session at the Marriott Hotel. Validated parking available. Spouses and guests welcome.

    DRESS: Military: uniform of the day (khaki) / civilian: coat and tie

    ADMIN: HUGH MCLOONE 510/814-0100, or BIGHUGH@...

    REGISTRAR: SALLY SMITH 510/658-1220, or SALLYS@...

    FEES: All military / civilian personnel $50.00
    Make checks payable to: Naval War College Symposium
    Fill in the bottom portion of this flyer and mail with your check.

    PHONE: _______________________ ORGANIZATION: NWC Foundation

    SEND TO: Sally Smith
    2835 Prince Street
    Berkeley, CA 94705