Fw: Propeller Club winter event

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2011

      If you attend you will meet a number of our council members. Please remember to wear your NLUS lapel pin.

      ________________________________

      Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011
      Subject: Propeller Club winter event

      Members and prospective members,

      Our winter event is coming up Tuesday, March 1st at Scott's in Jack London Square, Oakland. We ask that all of you with maritime related distribution lists forward the attached reservation form as soon as possible so we can get the widest coverage.

      This time we are accepting email reservations in addition to mailing your forms to the mail box. If you use email, kindly provide us with all the info on the form. Then you can either mail your check or bring it to the event.

      This should be a very interesting subject and we expect reservations up to 80 to go very quickly. We're also adding more time to the event to allow better networking and socializing.

      Steve W
      925-377-5844

      RESERVATION FORM – Please send this form with your payment

      THE PROPELLER CLUB

      OF THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY REGION

      MARITIME LUNCH FEATURING

      Omar Benjamin, Executive Director, Port of Oakland

      Discussing the upcoming Asian trade mission with the Mayor of Oakland and the resurging US economy

      Tuesday, March 1, 2011

      11:00 – 1400 Hours

      Scott’s Restaurant, Jack London Square

      #2 Broadway, Oakland, CA

      This is a prepay event and “space is limited”

      The deadline for reservations is February 23

      Propeller Club members and guests: $40; Non-members $50

      Send your check made payable to “PCUS-SFBR” to:

      120 Village Square

      PO Box 113

      Orinda, CA  94563

      There will be a guest list at the door, tickets will not be mailed

      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      PROPELLER CLUB LUNCHEON March 1, 2011

      Please provide the following information: (Please print legibly) and return it with your check

      YOUR NAME (TITLE OPTIONAL):  _________________________________________________

      ORGANIZATION: ___________________________________________PHONE: ____________

      BUSINESS ADDRESS: ___________________________________________________________

      EMAIL ADDRESS: ______________________________________________________________

      MEAL CHOICE: Shrimp Louis _____  Chicken Piccata _____

      NAME(S) OF GUESTS (S), affiliation, contact info:  _____________________________________

      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Reservations may also be made electronically, with payment by check or cash at the door or to the Club PO Box. Please email propellerclub.sfbay@..., including all info on the attached page.

      Your payment for this event is not deductible as a contribution or gift under Federal income tax laws.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2011

         =D>   Ahoy Members and Friends,

        One of our council members to the rescue of the Propeller Club. I have seen Peter's presentation and it is most interesting. The San Francisco Marine Exchange Harbor Safety Committee, with more than one of our members involvement, and others are strategizing how container ships, tankers, tugs and barges, along with sailboats, pleasure craft, wind surfers, and sea life can all share San Francisco Bay during the races and practice sessions.

        We deeply regret that there is confusion regarding the Propeller Club
        luncheon speaker on March 1st at Scott's. We earlier attempted to secure Mr Benjamin, but unfortunately his schedule was full. So we turned our attention to the America's Cup as a subject and were fortunate to get Peter Dailey of the Port of SF.

        PLEASE send follow up messages to all those contected and let them know of this oversight on our part.

        Steve Wright
        925-377-5844
        925-899-8009 (cell)

        --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com,