Fw: May 4, 2011 - Maritime Industry Congressional Sail-In

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2011
    Thanks for the attached update Admiral.

    Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:23 AM
    Subject: May 4, 2011 - Maritime Industry Congressional Sail-In

  • Ellen Johnck
    Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2011
      I visited the old rudder that the USCG pulled up out of the bay last summer on Sat. They have kept it on the Yerba Island USCG pier awaiting someone like me, archaeologist, to take a look and help with finding a home for it or it goes into a dumpster. I was ably greeted and assisted on site by the Arkansas Div of the Sea Cadets. The rudder itself is steel 5'Lx4'Wand and the entire piece incl. rudder and wood stock assembly is 9L'x7W'x5H' . I estimate about 100 yrs old. It would be a great piece in a yacht club front yard. It will take a flat bed truck to move it. If I can't find a home for it soon, the USCG will have to put it in a dumpster. Photos available. Ideas?

      e-Bay or Craig's List? Phelps