Change of plans - Lunch ashore Saturday, 26 March.
- Ahoy All,On the 1st I sent out a message that stated:"Advance notice: Next luncheon is Monday, March 21, at 11:30 aboard the SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN. The meal will be a catered traditional Irish hot meal. Cost $25 with advance paid reservation. For guests who join the council for one or two years the meal is free. The program will be... still firming up details - guaranteed new and interesting. Green is the operative color; free drawing ticket for all with green attire. No blarney."Well, it was blarney! Turns out the O'BRIEN is destined to get the lead out and all other March activities aboard are on hold. In any case we are putting in for some Saturday shore leave with our friends in the Golden Gate Chapter of the American Merchant Marine Veterans.
- Date: Saturday, 26 March.
- Time: 1130 to 1230 Happy Hour, 1230 Lunch.
- Place: War Memorial Veterans Building, San Francisco, 401 Van Ness Avenue at McAllister Street. Room 207.
- Donation: $10 or better - Checks payable to the Golden Gate Chapter, AMMV
- Send them to Phelps Hobart, Pacific Merchant Marine Council, PO Box 191403, Sacramento CA 95819-1403.
- Menu: "Great Corned Beef & Cabbage, once again prepared by the "O'Mendes-Mendez brothers."
This should be fun!Heave Ho,PhelpsPhelps HobartPresident, Pacific Merchant Marine CouncilSenior Vice President, Pacific Central RegionVice President, Pacific Southwest RegionNational Director
- No program - simply socializing with our AMMV friends - sea stories, reminiscin', jokes...
- There will be a short meeting and a drawing. Donations welcome.
- Parking in the garage across from City Hall is suggested.
- For directions, public transit, and parking: http://sfwmpac.org/vetbuilding/vb_popups/directpark.html
- Green remains the operative color but no free drawing ticket.
- Frank Mendez and his brother Bob Mendes are members of the Pacific Merchant Marine Council. Same for several other AMMV members.
- For your guests who join the Pacific Merchant Marine Council the meal is complementary.
Navy League of the United Stateshttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR-NLUS
PO Box 191403
Sacramento CA 95819-1403
(916) 739-6949 | (916) 955-3972 cell | PMMC@..._______________________________________________________The Pacific Merchant Marine Council was chartered11 December 2006. It advocates for the US maritimeindustry. Luncheon meetings are the 3rd Monday inMarch, June, September, and December in the SanFrancisco Bay Area. New members welcomed! For2011, we offer a three year membership for the costof two years, $90.New council membership discount and membership incentive program:
For more on Navy League membership see www.navyleague.org/membership. It is best that new memberships and discount three year renewals be handled through me by E-mail and telephone. For renewals please contact me before your membership expires. All handled directly with NLUS HQ pay full fare.
- For 2011 the council will offer a three year membership for the cost of two years. A one year membership is $50, two years $90, and three $125. For individuals who care to take advantage of it, the council will reduce the cost to $90. Sure we would rather have the full $125 from the individual but if it takes a kicker to close, this is it. The $50 savings over a one year membership with two renewals also applies to life memberships.
- The 2011 incentive for one and two year memberships is a $25 voucher for any council luncheon or other council sponsored event. Yes, in 2011 we will be doing other things like field trips near and far, hosting meetings with other councils, and engaging in NLUS Community Service Organization Presentations. For one year memberships the voucher is good for a year. For two year memberships, it is good for two years. Can only use it once. This is actually a continuation, with a slight modification, of our complementary council lunch for anyone who joins the NLUS and council. A new NLUS community affiliate membership at $400 comes with a wall plaque and four individual memberships. Each of those four individuals would receive a $25 council voucher. Corporate memberships also possible with a host of additional benefits.