MACKIE AWARD - WEBSITE SUBMISSION (Pacific Merchant Marine Council)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011
      Ahoy All,
      The council is again in the competition for the Navy League's council website award. For 2007 our Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS earned a 1st place award, for 2008 a 2nd place award, for 2009 not even recognition that our entry was received. For 2009 only a couple of council websites were recognized with awards.
      We will see what the panel of judges come up with this year. The award is made in the year following; i.e. the 2010 nominated sites will be judged in early 2011 and the awards presented at the 2011 NLUS National Convention. Keep your fingers crossed, or whatever seafarers do, that we will come home from the convention with the gold!
      I encourage members and friends to join the council on Facebook, Linkedin, and Xing. You can also link up with me there as well.
      I am seeking a co-moderator for http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS - essentially back-up in case I am not available. I am also seeking someone experienced with posting photographs and videos to YouTube and elsewhere. We are on the internet to give our council visibility and possibly gain members.
      Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:12 AM
      Subject: RE: MACKIE AWARD - WEBSITE SUBMISSION (Pacific Merchant Marine Council)

      Thank you.  This email confirms receipt of the Pacific Merchant Marine Council’s Mackie Website Award submission.  We appreciate your participation.

      Evan Martella

      Navy League of the United States

      Date: 10 December 2011

      Additional World Wide Web Council Presence:

      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-CA/Pacific-Merchant-Marine-Council-NLUS/159519498336?ref=ts

      Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/2544631

      Marine Talk: http://www.marinetalk.com/articles-marine-companies/com/Pacific-Merchant-Marine-Council-PAC044.html

      Navy League Online Community: http://members.navyleague.org/council_sites/council_details.asp?id=PMM

      Patriot Files Website Award: http://www.patriotfiles.com/index.phpname=Web_Links&req=viewlink&cid=21&min=120&orderby=titleA&show=20

      SeaFolks: Site is under reconstruction in January 2011

      XING: https://www.xing.com/net/pri2106b6x/nlus