Welcome Aboard Our Council Advisory Board Captain Roger Bing!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      I am extremely pleased to announce that Captain Roger Bing, USCG (Ret.) has accepted my invitation to come aboard our Pacific Merchant Marine Council Advisory Board.

      He resides on Long Island, New York, but during his years with the Coast Guard he served in multiple positions in the San Francisco Bay Area. He holds two United States Coast Guard Merchant Marine Licenses (100 Ton Masters License and a Third Assistant Engineers License). He is a graduate of SUNY Maritime College.

      Within the Navy League he is a life member and president of the Eastern New York Area, Empire Region and a longtime active member of the Long Island Council. He has served for a number of years on the NLUS Merchant Marine Affairs Committee. In fact, it was just prior to the committee's meeting during the NLUS National Convention that I first met him.

      He has had plenty of maritime experience, trade associations, and his own boat, Bingo, a charter fishing boat known for catching them the past twenty years off of Fire Island and Jones Inlet, Long Island. In addition he has served as a professional captain while running passenger vessels on New York's Great South Bay.

      Advisory Board members are appointed by the council president. As individuals they have skills and knowledge in a variety of areas - maritime management especially. They advise on council policy and recruit for the council corporate, community affilaite, and individual members. So far this much appreciated group seems to like what we are doing.

      We welcome Captain Roger Bing aboard!

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS

      Captain Bing's Boat:

      Captain: Capt. Roger Bing
      Official Website:
      www.bingo-fishing.com
      Phone: 631-495-1786
      Email:
      rbing528@...

      Captain Roger Bing has been fishing the inshore-offshore waters of both Fire Island and Jones inlets for the past fifteen years. In addition he serves as a professional captain while running passenger vessels on the Great South Bay. He currently holds two United States Coast Guard Merchant Marine Licenses (100 Ton Masters License and a Third Assistant Engineers License). As a graduate of SUNY Maritime College he has had ample, "hands on" training that will both enhance your fishing experience and keep your party safe.

      The Bingo is a 1991, 35', Henriques Maine Coaster that is powered by twin Detroit Diesels. She features a large, stable fishing platform for your charter and a cabin that offers the comforts of home. When you charter the Bingo you need to bring nothing but yourself- all tackle, bait and ice are included.