Fw: NLUS Sacramento Council SeaPower Luncheon 13 November

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2010

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010
    Subject: NLUS Sacramento Council SeaPower Luncheon 13 November

    Navy Leaguers,

    Attached, and below, is information on our annual SeaPower Luncheon - always a special event. This year will be no exception. Please share it with others. All invited.

    In the morning or after lunch, those interested may like to visit the Aerospace Museum of California, www.aerospacemuseumofcalifornia.org, also located at McClellan Business Park, North Highlands. The Coast Guard Air Station Sacramento is there as well.

    Vr/ John

    President

    John Meyers | Intel Corp | Market Intelligence Manager | 916-356-6314 | john.meyers@... | Folsom CA FM4-200

    SeaPower Luncheon

    Saturday, November 13th, 2010

    1100 to 1400 hours

    Lions Gate Restaurant & Conference Center

    (former McClellan AFB Officers Club)

    3410 Westover Street, McClellan Business Park

    Sacramento, CA 95652

    Keynote speakers RADM Bonnie B. Potter, MD, United States Navy retired; first woman Medical Officer to achieve flag rank, currently President Placer County Council, Navy League of the United States, and CAPT A. Bernard Gibson, Commanding Officer Voluntary Training Unit 2006G, Navy Operational Support Center Sacramento will speak on the topic of Leadership, Standard of Excellence, the timeless value and importance of the wise application of sound leadership principals necessary to ensure mission success. Come join us Saturday November 13th Veterans Day Weekend as Rear ADM Potter and CAPT Gibson share from their years of Naval service and life experiences the unique challenges of Leadership in service to our country.

    In addition to our Keynote speakers the Sea Service youth organizations sponsored by the Sacramento Council - the Navy Sea Cadets Corps, and the Navy & Marine Corps Junior ROTC units, will be in attendance. Those in attendance will have an opportunity to view first hand the many interesting activities and achievements of these organizations.

    Men and women in the active and reserve military along with civic, service, and veteran organizations, and the general public are invited to attend. If you represent an organization that would like to reserve a table or receive invitations in bulk for your membership contact John Meyers @ 916-356-6314. To RSVP contact Chris Christensen at 916-331-0567 and or complete this form and mail it with the enclosed envelop to the address listed below.

    Detach along the dotted line and return this RSVP slip along with your check payable to the Navy League Sacramento in the enclosed envelope

    Name: ______________________________________________________ Rank or Title: ___________________

    Phone: (______)_-____________________   Email:  ________________________________________________

    RSVP BEFORE Oct. 30th @ $15.00 per person, AFTER Oct. 30th @ $20.00 per person

    Check box: Individual         Couple         Group         # in party: ________. # of Meals: _______. Check: $__________

    Caesar Salad w/ Chicken # _________ / Asian Chicken Salad #________ / Wild Mushroom Ravioli #__________

    Youth selection: Hamburger & fries # _________________ (provided for the youth organizations @ $10.00 per young adult)

    I’m unable to attend, but I’d like to make a tax deductible gift for Navy League Youth Programs: $ _______________________

    Make checks payable to: Navy League – Sacramento Council.

    Mail RSVP & Check:  SeaPower, c/o Chris Christensen, 6350 Everest Way, Sacramento CA 95842

  • Dennis Koller
    Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2010

      Phelps,

      Could you mention in the emails to your groups that the JO’B has an Overnight Program for youth groups (eg, scouts, sea cadets, etc.)? Have them contact me if interested. Thanks. Much appreciated.

      Dennis

      Dennis Koller

      Executive Director

      The National Liberty Ship Memorial, Inc.

      SS Jeremiah O'Brien

      1275 Columbus Ave., Ste 300

      San Francisco, CA 94133

      Dir. 415.441.7447

      Main.415.544.0100

      Fax.415.544.9890

      www.ssjeremiahobrien.org

      From: PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com]

      Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2010

        Thanks Dennis for the heads-up on this! This is definitely good news. I will inform others as best I can throughout the Navy League.

        I know the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets sure appreciate this initiative.

        All Hands, please pass the word.

        Phelps

        PS Still in Florida as I write this; return to California Tuesday. I have been recruiting new NLUS members for Florida councils. Simply a matter of a very distilled presentation on the who, what, when, and where of the League then extending the invitation to join.

        Check out the November Sea Power magazine; our council again has a short burst about our activities in the Navy League News section. Our council is also listed on the membership information page.

        Then there is an informative interview with MARAD Administrator Matsuda. We hope to have a reception in his honor in 2011.

        Let me know if you are interested in observing the CALMITSAC meeting 1000 Wednesday, 3 November 2010, in the San Francisco Ferry Building.