Fw: SFFW - THANK YOU

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      A thank you for the Navy Leaguers who visited the ships upon arrival dockside for San Francisco Fleetweek 2010.

      Thanks from the Pacific Central Region as well!

      Senior Vice President
      Pacific Central Region, NLUS
      __________________________

      From: Catharine Hooper
      Date: October 10, 2010 8:44:34 AM PDT
      To: Kris Carlock

      Subject: SFFW - THANK YOU

      Dear Kris,

      On behalf of the San Francisco Fleet Week Association, please accept our thanks for your work in ensuring that each and every one of our visiting SFFW vessels was boarded and warmly greeted by members of the Navy League.  It adds so much to the anticipation and overall experience of the visiting sailors and marines to be met by your hand picked Navy League members, bringing with them knowledge, and gifts along with an array of shoreside opportunities.

      I realize how difficult it is to board USN ships these days, to enter the piers, taking public transportation (due to lack of parking inside the piers for FP reasons during SFFW), so our gratitude is all the more profound

      Please do extend our thanks to each of your NL greeters, and let them know how grateful we are for their part in making this year’s SFFW the best ever.

      Going forward, I think MajGen Myatt would like to see how we can better tap into the enthusiasm and support of the overall NL organization to bring the NL into the planning process to do a better job of MWR planning opportunities in SF for SFFW . . this takes time and dedication . .. starting early for 2011.

      Again, Kris, many sincere thanks to YOU!

      Warm regards,

      Catharine

      Catharine M. Hooper

      Maritime Consultant

      On Behalf of the Port of San Francisco

      In Support of San Francisco Fleet Week 2010

      USS Makin Island        Pier 30-32
      Usinowicz, Walter
      Conklin, Garrett

      USS Pinckney    Pier 35 So
      Widburg, Andrea
      Hoberman, Brian

      USS Curts       Pier 35 So
      Revolinsky, Joe
      Hendricks, Dave

      USS Chief       Pier 35 NO
      McLaughlin, Susan
      Michael, Janet

      USS Pioneer     Pier 35 NO
      Dolgin, Steve
      Ferrier, Jeff

      Canadian Navy
      HMCS Whitehorse  (MM 705)       Pier  27
      HMCS Brandon (MM 710)
      Oviatt, Edwin
      Oviatt, Alex

      USCG    Pier  27