Propeller Club of San Francisco Bay Region luncheon 27 October

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
    Ahoy There,

    Possibly you would like to see and hear the new USCG Port Captain, Cynthia Stowe. Here is a golden opportunity.

    As you know the Navy League and International Propeller Club formed an alliance earlier this year. We too in the Pacific Merchant Marine Council are doing so with the local port (chapters are called ports). The Propeller Club of San Francisco Bay Region is coming to life and we are involved. Several of us are members and several of the club members are Navy Leaguers with council affiliation. A few sit on both organization's board of directors.

    This local port was once a part of the International but isn't presently but has plans to return. That means essentially no national magazine. Also the group doesn't have a website or newsletter. Still you have to start somewhere, or restart in this case, and the group with our council's encouragement is moving forward. If you decide to attend the luncheon let our Senior Vice President and Alameda Council President Sam Sause <samsause@...> know, you can be his guest and save $5.

    Our Pacific Merchant Marine Council luncheon 20 December aboard the National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN is coming together nicely. We are inviting the members of the Propeller Club of San Francisco Bay Region to attend and join the Navy League if not already a member. See the attached for the invitation, all invited! We are excited, among other things, about the menu - a catered tasty buffet hot meal. Our luncheon is $20.

    I hope you are as enthused as I am about San Francisco Fleetweek 2010. We are seeing new life there too. Don't try to book passage on the O'BRIEN either Saturday or Sunday - she has a full complement of crew, volunteers including our Arkansas Division Sea Cadets, and paying passengers! Catch up with several of you at one or more of the events.

    Anchors Aweigh,

    President, Pacific Merchant Marine Council
    Senior Vice President, Pacific Central Region
    National Director

    Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:28 AM
    Subject: Scott's luncheon

    This is a follow up to John Amos's email a couple weeks ago.

    Please feel free to send this on to any of your contacts, but also please advise them that space is limited and RSVP's are first come first served. A "reservation" means the check and form have been received.

    I'll be happy to help answer questions while John is traveling, but please don't send any negative RSVP as I have a full agenda as it is.

    Many thanks,

    Steve Wright
    925-377-5844
    925-899-8009 cell

    RESERVATION FORM – Please send this form with your payment

    THE PROPELLER CLUB

    OF THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY REGION

    MARITIME LUNCH FEATURING

    CAPT. CYNTHIA STOWE, USCG COMMANDER, COAST GUARD SECTOR SAN FRANCISCO

    Wednesday, October 27, 2010

    11:30 – 1330 Hours

    Scott’s Restaurant, Jack London Square

    #2 Broadway, Oakland, CA

    This is a prepay event and “space is limited”

    The deadline for reservations is October 19, 2010

    FOR RESERVATIONS:

    Propeller Club members and paid guests: $40

    Non-members $45

    Send your check made payable to “PCUS-SFBR” to:

                Steve Wright, Secretary

                12 Aspinwall Court

              Orinda, CA  94563

    There will be a guest list at the door, tickets will not be mailed

    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    PROPELLER CLUB LUNCHEON OCTOBER 27, 2010

    Please provide the following information: (Please print legibly) and return it with your check

    YOUR NAME (TITLE OPTIONAL):  _________________________________________________

    ORGANIZATION: ___________________________________________PHONE: ____________

    BUSINESS ADDRESS: ___________________________________________________________

    MEAL CHOICE: Shrimp Louis _____  Chicken Piccata _____ Pasta Primavera _____

    Your payment for this event is not deductible as a contribution or gift under Federal income tax laws

  • amoslogistics@sbcglobal.net
    Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
      This is John Amos, President of the Propeller Club, SF Bay Region and I thank Phelps for his support. We are now reinstated with the International Propeller Club. At the October 27 lunch we will have a supply of the Club's quarterly magazine.

      For questions on the lunch contact Steve Wright at wright_consulting@....

      John Amos

      Amos Logistics