Fw: Fleet Week 2010 -- Be our Guest for a ThanksUSA Dinner Providing Scholarships for Military Families

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2010
    Ahoy All,

    I just checked in with Ramon Polin, host of a special ThanksUSA Dinner at the Marines' Memorial Club Friday evening, October 8th. About ten more places remain available. The dinner is pre-paid by two sponsors. Yes, you have to deal with the parking.

    It is not too late to make reservations if you are interested after visiting the organizations website and reading the attached information.

    I will have been celebrating my 70th birthday the previous seven days in Sacramento and as possible will continue on the 8th at this dinner. Let me know if you would like a place at my reserved table. I will prepare place cards for those interested. Details on the Sacramento activities may be found on my two Facebook pages as well as wife Teddy's page. It's a Birthdayfest Oktomberfest event for me making this milestone.

    The Marines' Memorial Club will be a busy place Friday evening, Commander 3rd Fleet, VADM Richard W. Hunt, USN, is scheduled to speak and the 1st Marine Division Band a concert.

    It is not too late to book a Saturday or Sunday San Francisco Fleetweek passage on the National Liberty Ship  Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN leaving from pier 45 just north of Fisherman's wharf. Check out www.ssjeremiahobrien.org. She will be part of the armada coming in through the Golden Gate Saturday.

    If you have other ideas on things to do that weekend and care to share them simply reply back. The San Francisco Fleetweek website is www.fleetweek.us and the calendar http://www.fleetweek.us/Calendar.html.

    Anchors Aweigh,

    Vice Preident - Veteran Affairs
    Pacific Central Region, NLUS
    (916) 739-6949
    __________________________________

    ThanksUSA is a non-partisan, charitable effort to mobilize Americans of all ages to thank the men and women of the United States armed forces by providing college and technical training scholarships. The organization has provided approximately 2,000 scholarships totalling $6 million...

    thanksusa.org

    From: Ramon Polin
    Subject: ThanksUSA Dinner

    Mr. Phelps Hobart-

    Thank you very much for your affirmative RSVP on behalf of yourself and your wife, Teddy. We are pleased you can join us Friday, October 8. As I mentioned, the Dinner has been completely underwritten by 2 co-sponsors, therefore, the evening is purely informational and introductory to the good works of ThanksUSA.

    Please feel free to forward the Dinner invitation you received to those on your Navy League roster. Each of them is more than welcome to join our salute to ThanksUSA.

    Please contact me with any remaining questions or requests for additional information.

    Ray

    Ramon J. Polin, JD, AIF
    Managing Director
    Sensiba San Filippo Financial Advisers LLC
    1840 Gateway Drive, Fourth Floor
    San Mateo, CA 94404
    650-230-4106 Direct
    415-606-7440 Mobile