Effective Organizational Management Workshop | Port of San Francisco | Gateway CA Who will YOU meet there?
- Ahoy Members,If needed there is $50 available from the council treasury to attend this event 29 October. Hopefully all members attending will recruit new NLUS and Pacific Merchant Marine Council members. Let me know if you need recruiting materials or you can make your own by visiting http://www.navyleague.org/membership.Funds remain available for the San Francisco Fleetweek gala fundraiser at the St. Francis Yacht Club:Fleetweek, A Special Night at St Francis Yacht Club September 9th
Another San Francisco Party! Hope a number of us will attend. We will allocate $100 from our treasury to provide financial assistance - if needed... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/771There have been and continue to be a number of activities of possible interest to members. Doesn't hurt to go back through the postings to see what's going on, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/messages. Maybe you know of others - pass the word.Heave Ho,Phelps_______________________________----- Original Message -----From: Michael FaustTo: pmmc@...Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:55 PMSubject: Effective Organizational Management Workshop | Port of San Francisco | Gateway CA – Who will YOU meet there?
if you cannot view this email, please click here to view an online version.
unsubscribe / update profile | share with friends | subscribe
The Premier Export/Import Forum:
Register Today For Gateway California
about us trade resources events & programs membership services news region
EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT -
INTEGRATING ALL THE ELEMENTS
SESSION D: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. | Reserve your seat today
Creative, visionary, globally savvy executive with experience in the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, Warren Berckmann, Principal, Berkmann & Associates, will serve as the course instructor for this workshop. Click here for all speaker bios.
You’ve answered the question, “Why does our business want to go international?” You’ve even identified the business goals and objectives you’re seeking to accomplish in the international marketplace. Now, you just have to figure out how you’re going to pull it all off! This course examines the critical factors that lead to a successful international business venture and discusses the various elements of the decision-making process, including the feasibility, desirability, methodology and viability of an international business venture. We will cover strategy formulation and business modeling; and, we will consider how both market and organizational structures can impact the success of an international venture. A brief case study will be used to help illustrate the principles presented. Register Now
For more information on the specific topics that will be covered during the course on “Effective Organizational Management – Integrating All The Elements”, as well as the other workshops offered, please visit our Gateway CA website.
THE PORT OF SAN FRANCISCO
Gateway California is your opportunity to create partnerships with the big thinkers behind the Port of San Francisco, which offers the world's shipping fleet major assets such as naturally deep water, hundreds of thousands of square feet of covered storage, on-dock rail, acres of unobstructed lay-down space and modern well maintained cargo terminals. Did you know……
- The Port of San Francisco ’s terminal offers five berths, on-dock rail, acres of paved land for staging cargo, over 550,000 sq.ft. of covered storage for weather sensitive cargo, cranes capable of working both breakbulk and containers, 624 reefer outlets and a strategic Northern California location.
- Several harbor and cargo service facilities are located near our terminals offering easy access to tug and barge companies, heavy lift crane services, a Foreign Trade Zone, cold storage, warehousing and CFS facilities, as well as full service ship repair.
- The Port of San Francisco is home to one of the largest ship repair facilities on the West Coast, the terminus for the regions Ferry fleets, and are the center of the Bay’s harbor services such as tug, tow and pilot boat operations.
- Cargo terminals handle a large amount of bulk, break bulk cargoes such as structural steel, lumber, and rolled newsprint.
- The port’s operating portfolio is composed of over 550 ground, commercial, retail, office, industrial and maritime industrial leases, including many internationally recognized landmarks such as Fisherman’s Wharf, PIER 39, the Ferry Building , and AT&T Park , home of the San Francisco Giants baseball team.
The Port of San Francisco is just one of the many influential organizations that will be represented at GatewayCalifornia . Meet the players and create the partnerships that will help expand your business exponentially – REGISTER TODAY!
Date: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010
Location: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO CONFERENCE CENTER, 255 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080
For more information, including a full event schedule and to register, please visit gatewayca.org. For a full event brochure, please click here.
TheNorthernCaliforniaWorldTradeCenter is proud to produce Gateway California in conjunction with thePort of West Sacramento , thePort ofOakland , Sacramento County Airport System andSan FranciscoInternationalAirport .
Northern California WTC. One Capitol Mall, Ste. 300 Sacramento, CA 95814