September - Sea Cadet Month

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    September is Sea Cadet Month for the council!

    For the remainder of 2010 any Arkansas Division Sea Cadet, League Cadets, or even their parents and guardians who would like a new NLUS membership with Pacific Merchant Marine Council affiliation at a $20 savings are to contact me.

    Individual membership options include:

     One-Year Membership  $50.00
     Two-Year Membership  $90.00  Save $10 over 1-year rate!
     Three-Year Membership  $125.00  Save $25 over 1-year rate!
     Life Membership  $500.00

    I will handle all aspects of joining. I simply need a credit card number and one's choice as to the length of membership.

    The benefits of membership may be found at http://www.navyleague.org/membership/ind_benefits.php.

    For the Cadets lunch on 20 September at the SIU Hall in Oakland is on us; same for others associated with the Arkansas Division if they should join and affiliate with the Pacific Merchant Marine Council.

    GO SEA CADETS - GO ARKANSAS DIVISION SEA CADETS!

    Please, if you know of some youngsters possibly interested in joining the cadets have them get in touch with any members of our council's Youth Affairs Committee.

    Starting in September is the 2010 Naval Sea Cadet Corps Annual Drawing with a Carnival cruise, including air transportation to San Diego, for two as the grand prize. Other prizes as well. I or any Sea Cadet can get you tickets. The drawing will be at the Pacific Central Region Sea Cadet Ball at the Veterans Memorial Building, 11 December. We will have tickets at our Seafarers Luncheon 20 September. $2 for an opportunity to win; $20 for twelve opportunities, on up - $40 for twenty four, etc.

    Lunch for your friends and associates is on the council as well if they too should join the Navy League and affiliate with our council. We are very close to the century mark on active, dues paying, individual members.

    Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:22 AM
    Subject: September - Sea Cadet Month

    Council Presidents:

    Please see attached letter and proclamation from the National President designating September as Sea Cadet Month.

    Best regards,

    Angela Mogensen

    Manager, Executive Services

    Navy League of the United States