Fw: Sept 15 BPC Workshop Economic Recovery, Infrastructure Funding and Air Quality: Progress or Stalemate

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2010

      Ahoy,

      The registration fee for this event is $50. Council members, if interested in attending and you would like $25 from our treasury to assist with the fee let me know.

      Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010
      Subject: Sept 15 BPC Workshop “Economic Recovery, Infrastructure Funding and Air Quality: Progress or Stalemate?”

      Click to view this email in a browser

      bpc_logo 3

      BPC_WS.graphic_final-wr 5

      Sponsorship Opportunities

      Sponsorships are available. Plan to attend and SPONSOR the Workshop Series or one workshop of your choice. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities and benefits.

      Workshop 2

      Date
      Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2010
      Check-in: 8am
      Workshop: 8:30am - 12:30pm

      Location
      URS Corporation
      1333 Broadway, Ste. 800
      Oakland, CA

      registernow-button-green

      Other Workshops:

      Workshop 3: Early November
      -
      Sea Level Change Adaptation Strategies: Innovations for our Future
        Learn more about this unique workshop series ...
        Dear Phelps,

        What has happened to the Bay Area  infrastructure projects funded under California 's Proposition 1B TCIF and air quality improvement projects and federal ARRA stim and TIGER grants?   Will the CARB mandates and new BAAQMD CEQA guidelines be obstacles or opportunities for "simultaneous and continuous improvement" for the environment and the economy?   Plan to attend the BPC "Economic Recovery, Infrastructure Funding and Air Quality:  Progress or Stalemate"  half-day, a.m. workshop on Wed. Sept. 15 at URS offices in Oakland. This workshop will:
        • Evaluate progress towards economic recovery in the Bay Area based on a review of selected Bay Area projects funded by Prop. 1E and 1B, federal ARRA and TIGER grants;
        • Assess the challenges of compliance with state and local air quality regulations;
        • Identify strategies to address the environmental and funding challenges.

        Learn more about this workshop ...

        Workshop 2 Leading Sponsors:
            environmsr-legal-logo  cargill-wr

        bpc-ws-title-horiz-wr

        This new and unique program, created by Bay Planning Coalition, consists of a series of three, half-day workshops to provide a forum for constructive dialogue on Bay management topics that require conversation, collaboration and problem-solving.

        Workshop Series 2010 Sponsor
        CH2MHILL_color-logo-web

        The Bay Planning Coalition (BPC) is dedicated to ensuring that commerce, recreation, and the natural environment thrive in the Bay-Delta region. For more than 27 years, BPC has been a leader in building coalitions and consensus, and producing positive results that benefit the economic and environmental welfare of the public.
          Bay Planning Coalition, 10 Lombard Street, Suite 408, San Francisco, CA 94111
        ph: (415) 397-2293        www.bayplanningcoalition.org

        Bay Planning Coalition
        Two Roundhouse Plaza
        10 Lombard Street, Suite 408