Re: [PMMC-NLUS] MARAD Ship Leaves Suisun Bay Fleet for Scrapping

  • nobhill2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2010
      I SAILED ON APA 127, USS ALLENDALE, A CHIEF ENGINEER. 8500 H.P. IT WAS MODIFIED TO DO LANDINGS.   WE DID VARIOUS LANDINGS IN THE PACFIC. DID NOT GET PICTURE OF SHIP.

      ADMIRAL JOHN BROOKS

      USS Allendale (APA-127) was a Haskell-class attack transport. She was of the VC2-S-AP5 Victory ship design type. For photos and more on this ship see: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdCclMWtMHWEAnmRXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_us&fr=yhs-avg&p=uss+allendale&SpellState=&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top.