Fw: CMA Career & Community Partner Expo 1000 - 1400 Friday, 8 October

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2010
    Ahoy Members and Friends,
    Possibly you might like to visit California Maritime Academy Friday, 8 October. Sam and I will give you NLUS membership applications to help us recruit new members.
    If associated with a firm or organization other than Navy League, you might be interested in a booth as well.
    Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 3:16 AM
    Subject: CMA Career & Community Partner Expo 1000 - 1400 Friday, 8 October

    If your council would like to participate with a coordinated Pacific Central Region Navy League information and membership recruitment booth, please contact me. Should be space for three chairs behind the display table. Two hour shifts could be arranged. Council information even if not participating welcomed.
    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council will definitely participate.
    What say? Need to know from your council:

    Title _____________________________________________           Phone ___________________________________

    Representative _____________________________________           E-mail  __________________________________

    First five councils to respond will be participating.
    Phelps Hobart
    Senior Vice President
    Pacific Central Region, NLUS

    We invite you to join us, as our special guests, FREE OF CHARGE.

    Date/Time:                  Friday, October 8, 2010, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

    Location:                     California Maritime Academy Quad

    Who’s invited?           Government, Non-Profits, Graduate Schools, and Community Partners

    Details:                       Talk with students (from CMA & local colleges) about your organization, jobs/volunteer work/graduate school opportunities, and accept résumés. Conduct on-the-spot interviews at your table or make arrangements to interview candidates at a later date.

    Who are we and what program do we offer?

    California Maritime Academy is a specialized campus of the California State University system.  We offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Transportation, Business Administration, Facilities Engineering Technology, Marine Engineering Technology, and Mechanical Engineering.  We also offer a Bachelor of Arts degree in Global Studies and Maritime Affairs.  We offer minors in Business Administration, Global Studies and Maritime Affairs, Law, Marine Science, and Naval Science.

    What graduate degree programs / career paths do our students seek?

    We prepare students for successful careers in International Business Logistics, Maritime Policy, Homeland Security, Environmental Policy, International Relations, Maritime Law, Engineering Design, Naval Architecture, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, other maritime and transportation industries, and in fields that are increasingly global in nature.

    Why are we unique?

    We offer a specialized education combining classroom instruction, hands-on experience, professional development, co-ops and internships, including a two-month international training cruise aboard our Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR.  Another unique aspect is community engagement, where cadets are encouraged to volunteer and give back to the local community.

    We welcome you to our campus.

    Enclosed are a registration form, campus map and directions. Please fill out and return by Wednesday, September 1, 2010.  We look forward to meeting you.

    Other Attending Campuses:

    Solano Community College, Diablo Valley College, and Napa Valley College.