SFMX Trade Facilitation meeting 1000, 24 August

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2010
      Ahoy Again,

      The Trade Facilitation Committee of the San Francisco Marine Exchange meets monthly.

      Two of our council members serve on this committee:
      • Nick Marrone, Vice President,
      Seafarers International Union
      Bill Nickson, Regional General Manager, California, Hawaii, U.S. Atlantic, Transmarine Navigation Corporation
      We thank them for their committee involvement!

      Possibly you would like to attend and observe an upcoming luncheon meeting; I suspect it can be arranged.

      Trade Facilitation Committee

      International trade, by its very nature, involves many entities beyond buyer and seller. Each develops their own association or forum to promote and resolve their own issues. The Facilitation Committee of the Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay Region is unique in treating all facets of international trade as an interwoven, single entity.

      The San Francisco Marine Exchange Trade Facilitation Committee brings together in an informal structure representatives from the USCG, CBP, MARAD, insurers, attorneys, freight forwarders, customs brokers, ports, carriers, stevedores, bankers, Congress, and the Senate. The objective, as stated by its name, is to provide assistance, ease, support, and mitigation; to disentangle, extricate, increase accessibility, manage, influence, and promote.... facilitate trade.

      We seek to reconcile issues without compromising objectives and to eliminate errors while finding procedures that will enhance services provided both independently and collectively; we seek to eliminate the question of who is to blame, and replace it with how we facilitate an amicable solution. Communication is the key; this forum encourages an open dialog amongst members with the common goal of facilitating international trade.Trade Facilitation Committee of the San Francisco Marine Exchange

      http://www.sfmx.org/support/tfc

      Meeting Notice

      The next Marine Exchange Trade Facilitation meeting will be held at 12 Noon Tuesday, 24 August 2010

      For information

      contact the Marine Exchange at (415) 441-6600

      Future 2010 TFC meeting dates:

      Tuesday, August 24, 2010

      Tuesday, September 28, 2010

      Tuesday, October 26, 2010