San Francisco Maritime National Park Association Invitation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2010

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council Members and Friends,

      We have an invitation!

      Annual members’ reception - 1800 Thursday, 12 August - celebrating the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association's 60th year. Attend for great food, music, and friends. Come for the party… stay for the cake!

      Back in the restored "Boathouse" Museum building, 900 Beach Street!

      All invited.

      If you haven't joined, Association membership is $60 ($54 Seniors) Let's have a contingent from our council. Also mark your calendar; ahead is the 60th Anniversary Gala Celebration, 23 October 2010. Save the date!

      Please wear your NLUS lapel pin or garb. Great event to recruit new NLUS and council members.

      The San Francisco Maritime Historical Park is a treasure. The Association is vital to its wellbeing. Thank you to all who have been supporting members and welcome aboard to those who take this opportunity to join.

      Craig Kenkel is now the Superintendent of San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park! He relieved Kate Richardson in May. She is now in the National Park Service's Washington office. This will be our first opportunity to meet and greet the new superintendent.

      Please let me know if you will be attending the party.

      In 2011, we hope to have an event or two of our own in the Museum or aboard the 19th century merchant sailing ship Balclutha.

      Bringing Maritime History to Life since 1950
      image of Balclutha and PampanitoBalcluthaPampanitoVisit the historic vessels at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park and USS Pampanito submarine museum &
      memorial at Fisherman's Wharf and discover your connection
      to San Francisco's maritime heritage.

      Come Celebrate with Us!

      60th Birthday Bash Members' Reception

      The San Francisco Maritime National Park Association cordially invites you to join
      us for our annual members’ reception celebrating our
      60th year.
      Join us for great food, music, and friends.
      Come for the party… stay for the cake!

      Thursday, 12 August
      1800 - 2000, Maritime Museum
      900 Beach St., San Francisco 94109

      Members RSVP by August 5th to membership@... 415.561.6662 ext. 33
      Not a member?
      Click here to learn more.

      LINKS

      http://www.nps.gov/safr/

      San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park

      http://www.maritime.org

      San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, the park's nonprofit member supported cooperating association.

      http://www.maritimelibraryfriends.org

      The park library's nonprofit member supported cooperating association.

      http://www.hydestreetlivinghistory.org

      The park Living History Program's volunteer created and managed website.

      http://www.museum.nps.gov/safr/page.htm

      . Park museum catalog records.

      http://corsair-viking.org

      The San Francisco Sea Scouts, the park's neighboring partner in Aquatic Park.

      GETTING THE LIBRARY CATALOG ONLINE
      The Maritime library has completed a major step toward getting its catalog records online, recently completing the conversion of card catalog records to machine-readable catalog records. Previously only available only to library staff, the Athena catalog, which we used to accomplish this, is now available to the public in the Library Reading Room through equipment supplied by the Library Friends. What's next? Cataloging and inventorying all our periodicals, and migrating all the holdings in our Athena catalog into the NPS Voyager catalog, so that all our catalog records, representing our titles held as well as number of copies & their exact locations, will be available on the internet. (Our holdings at the title level are currently available online at
      http://www.library.nps.gov/) Interested in helping out? Call the library, 415-561-7030.

      NEW ACQUISITION IN HISTORIC DOCUMENTS
      Historic Documents Department located on the top floor of the Maritime Library, Fort Mason Center, Bldg. E. Appointments: 415-561-7030.
      A collection of photos and motion picture reels were recently added to the Cruise Lines International Association records collection (HDC 1431, SAFR 21873). The films are promotional material that were produced by the CLIA.

      VIEW MUSEUM CATALOG RECORDS ONLINE
      The park's object collection is available for research by appointment: 415-561-7053. Updated museum catalog records for the park are now available at the National Park Service web catalog. Almost 21,000 records are posted to search or browse. About onefifth of the records have images. Go to http://www.museum.nps.gov/safr/page.htm to access. The library is open every 3rd Saturday, 10am-5pm, and M-F afternoons by
      appointment. Appointments: 415-561-7030, or ring doorbell. Immediate appointments usually available.