Active Navy Leaguer Bill Anonsen joins our Advisory Board

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2010

      I am absolutely delighted that Mr. William F. Anonsen has joined our Pacific Merchant Marine Council Advisory Board! He has over thirty years of experience in the maritime industry. In the early 1990s he was on the staff of Sam's prominent family firm, Sause Brothers Ocean Towing. Manson Lines and then American Hawaii Cruises/ United States Lines followed and more recently Norwegian Cruise Lines. There is a stint with Hawaii's Department of Transportation. In 2001 he founded and remains the Managing Principal of the the Maritime Group in Honolulu with branches elsewhere (THE MARITIME GROUP 1240 Ala Moana Blvd., Suite 323, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96814 Bus: (808)589-1223 Fax: (808) 596-2362 Web: http://www.The-Maritime-Group.com).

      He is a life member of the Navy League and serves on the board of the Honolulu Council. He is also active in the Propeller Club and numerous other trade associations. For more on his bio check out http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/User:Tmganonsen, http://www.The-Maritime-Group.com or do a web search. He is prominent in the industry!

      Anyway, I have solicited his help to improve our council's stature within the maritime community and to increase the number of corporations and organizations coming on board the Navy League and the Pacific Merchant Marine Council.

      The council is approaching 100 individual members but for corporate and community affiliate members we fall short. Our membership stretches up and down the West Coast, across the Pacific, and extends to the Gulf and East Coasts!

      We are unique - we are special. Your active participation to strengthen the council is always appreciated.

      Hope you are having a great summer; look forward to seeing several of you at the Pacific Central Region Board of Directors meeting next weekend at Coast Guard Island.

      PS While on the subject of the Advisory Board. I am delighted to report that Advisory Board member Captain Alexander L. (Sandy) MacKenzie USNR (Ret.) and his wife Victoria are now council members. I chatted with Sandy Tuesday, just before he departed from his Vancouver, Washington home to Scotland for a few weeks. He is involved with the shooting of a $12million film.