Pacific Centrail Region Meeting Flyers for August

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2010
    Pacific Central Region Dates:

    1130 Friday, 6 August                USCG Awards Luncheon, Point Welcome Room, Building 4, Coast Guard Island, Alameda
    Friday, 6 August                       PCR Nominations Committee Meeting, Point Welcome Room, Coast Guard Island
    1700 - 1900 Friday, 6 August      PCR Welcome Aboard Reception, Banners Club. Bldg. 18, Coast Guard Island
    0800 Saturday, 7 August            PCR meeting, Point Welcome Room, Coast Guard Island
    Saturday, 7 August                    PCR luncheon, USCGC WAESCHE (WMSL 751), Coast Guard Island

    RADM Joseph Castillo, USCG, Commander, District 11, http://www.uscg.mil/flag/d11.asp, Awards Presenter and Speaker

    VADM Manson Brown, USCG, Commander Pacific Area and Commander Coast Guard Defense Force West, http://www.uscg.mil/pacarea/docs/VADM_Brown-bio.pdf, speaker 7 August.

    Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2010
      Re hotels in Alameda -- Add to list of Alameda hotels the Marina Village Inn; view its website at http://marinavillageinn.com This is one of Alameda's best kept secrets in the hotel industry which is difficult to understand as it is right on the estuary with a pool. Downside it is about a mile out of town – but is my choice of best place to stay in Alameda. Check it out.

      Of course the Hilton's Hampton Inn, http://hamptoninn.hilton.com , is gorgeous and also a great place to stay a bit more plush with a few more amenities.

      Sam

      Sam Sause
      President, Alameda Council
      Senior Vice President, Pacific Merchant Marine Council
      Tel: 510-865-0993
      Fax: 510-865-2258

      Coast Guard Island Map: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.782139&lon=-122.249962&zoom=16&tp=1&q1=coast%20guard%20island%2C%20alameda%2C%20ca