National Museum of the Marine Corps Virtual Experience

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2010

    I was fortunate to spend a couple of hours at the National Museum of the Marine Corps on June 13th after attending the NLUS National Directors board meeting in Arlington, VA. It is spectacular! From this observer's point of view, no expense was spared. Admission is free. Federal funds, via the USMC, were and are used. It sure tells the Marine Corps message. A fitting tribute to the Corps I give it high praise. Semper Fideles!

    Two days later I was fortunate to spend slightly less time in the Washington DC Navy Memorial Foundation and Naval Heritage Center, 701 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. It too offers a lot though its space is limited. I really appreciated my visit with President and CEO RADM. Edward (Ted) K. Walker, Jr., SC, USN (Ret) and Nan McComber, of the Navy Log Department. As some of you know I was a Supply Corps when I served as a Naval Officer. Currently on display is a major exhibit devoted to the Supply Corps. Check the Naval Heritage Center out at www.navymemorial.org.

    Afterwards I experienced the relatively new (2004) World War II Memorial positioned on the Mall between the Lincoln and Washington memorials. Most impressive - a fitting tribute to all Americans who participated in winning that war, www.wwiimemorial.com and other URLs.

    Senior Vice President
    Pacific Central Region, NLUS