Re: Fw: Maritime Security Industry Day, May 26, 2010

    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2010

      The US is about to announce a slight redirection of its anti-terrorism effort. More attention will be focused on home-grown terrorists as opposed to current efforts addressing foreign nationals. I asked a question on this very subject Wednesday. The TWIC program is a first line of defense in this regard to port operations. But I asked what about the dock worker with a TWIC card intent on doing damage or harm?

      Some firebrands in the USA are encouraging insurrection here. Training is available for weapon production on the internet or overseas. It may even be available right here in the USA. Individuals under the influence of these zealots can easily travel overseas for training as well - not a direct flight mind you but with two or three stops and changes of planes. Does the TWIC program have the ability to keep up with the foreign travel of every TWIC card holder? What about false IDs?

      At least TWIC is a start.

      Here is some information on the redirection of our federal anti-terrorism program - more focus on US citizens.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2010