Re: National Maritime Day, 5/22/2010, 12:00 am

    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2010
      I just sent a thank-you to Victoria Santos, Director of Catering, at Embassy Suites, Sacramento - Riverfront Prominade for the assistance provided.

      We will be back 1100, Saturday, May 21, 2011 Lord willing. We will keep the event on Saturday since Sunday, May 22, 2011 will be the return of the huge Pacific Rim Festival in Old Sacramento.

      Let's hope we can team-up with other organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area to stage one or more National Maritime Day events as well.

      Now on to International Maritime Day - a 2010 salute to the Seafarer, to be recognized by our council luncheon Monday, September 20, with the men and women of the Seafarers International Union at their headquarters, 1121 7th Street, Oakland.

      I am going to see what I can do to get a state proclamation - California Maritime Day.

      Phelps

      --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "usaseapower" <nlsac@...> wrote:

      Ahoy there,

      Our council event in Sacramento proceeded on course as planned...