Lunch with the San Francisco Council, Scoma's June 8

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2010

      The Council has a change of plans. We will not be having the Pacific Merchant Marine Council luncheon initially scheduled for June 21 aboard our adopted National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN. Instead we will accept the invitation of Chuck Shea, President of the San Francisco Council, to have lunch with his council members June 8. The notice is below. I will regretfully be unable to attend but encourage you make it.

      The Pacific Merchant Marine Council is open for a social event - picnic or BBQ back yard party - later in the summer. Any suggestions? Golden Gate Park? Another park? Other suggestions?

      We will be at Seafares International Union Hall, 1121 7th Street, Oakland 1130 Monday 20 September and back aboard the O'BRIEN for our Holiday Party/ Annual Meeting/Election of Officers and Directors 1130 Monday, 20 December.

      Our council membership is approaching the initial goal of 100. Retention for 2010 is currently 100%. Please keep seeking prospective new members - individuals, community affiliate, and corporate, http://www.navyleague.org/membership. We welcome all!

      June 8th 2010 Luncheon

      Where:        SCOMA’s Restaurant on Pier 47

                            Fisherman’s Wharf, in San Francisco

      When:         Tuesday June 8th    11:30am .

      Cost:           $35/per person at the Door.

      RSVP:         Website, or captcshea@... or ph: 530-273-6017

      ******         Valet parking at Door

      Meeting Agenda

       11:30   Cocktails and Get acquainted

                   A QUICK 15min BOARD MEETING – Scoma’s upper bar area

       12:00   Quarters - Opening Pledge -

                     Introductions of Members Guests & Visitors

       12:10     Lunch

       12:30    Navy League Business-

      SPECIAL GUESTS:

      US NAVY RECRUITING DISTRICT – SAN FRANCISCO

      NROTC UNIT   UC BERKELEY- (Tentative)

      ·        LtCol John Sorensen USMC Executive Officer

      US COAST GUARD STATUON GOLDEN GATE

      ·        BM1 Jessica L. Shafer -Executive Petty Officer

      SEA SCOUTS- SAN FRANCISCO

      ·         Crewmembers SSS Viking Ship-100

      12:45    Introduction of Special Guests,…A Very Open Forum

                                              ….. Just a few “Words”!

      13:15    Q&A

      13:25    50/50 & Drawing   ½ of proceeds to USCG Station Golden Gate WRF

      13:30   “Good of the Order”

      13:30    Close Meeting “Liberty call- All Hands”!

      Best Regards
      Chuck Shea, President
      San Francisco Council
      Navy League of the United States
      530-273-6017

      Tom Creedon, President
      Scoma's Restaurant

      "Being on the San Francisco waterfront everyday is truly rewarding to me. Nothing is more rejuvenating than letting the Bay winds blow through your hair. That, and having such a fun and creative staff to work with keeps the Scoma product fresh and keeps me feeling young."