Lunch with the San Francisco Council, Scoma's June 8
- Ahoy Members and Friends,The Council has a change of plans. We will not be having the Pacific Merchant Marine Council luncheon initially scheduled for June 21 aboard our adopted National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN. Instead we will accept the invitation of Chuck Shea, President of the San Francisco Council, to have lunch with his council members June 8. The notice is below. I will regretfully be unable to attend but encourage you make it.The Pacific Merchant Marine Council is open for a social event - picnic or BBQ back yard party - later in the summer. Any suggestions? Golden Gate Park? Another park? Other suggestions?We will be at Seafares International Union Hall, 1121 7th Street, Oakland 1130 Monday 20 September and back aboard the O'BRIEN for our Holiday Party/ Annual Meeting/Election of Officers and Directors 1130 Monday, 20 December.Our council membership is approaching the initial goal of 100. Retention for 2010 is currently 100%. Please keep seeking prospective new members - individuals, community affiliate, and corporate, http://www.navyleague.org/membership. We welcome all!Final preperations are underway for our celebration of National Maritime Day in Sacramento this Saturday, May 22; see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/700.Heave Ho,Phelps_____________________________________________________
June 8th 2010 Luncheon
Where: SCOMAs Restaurant on Pier 47
Fishermans Wharf, in San Francisco
When: Tuesday June 8th 11:30am .
Cost: $35/per person at the Door.
RSVP: Website, or captcshea@... or ph: 530-273-6017
****** Valet parking at Door
11:30 Cocktails and Get acquainted
A QUICK 15min BOARD MEETING Scomas upper bar area
12:00 Quarters - Opening Pledge -
Introductions of Members Guests & Visitors
12:30 Navy League Business-
US NAVY RECRUITING DISTRICT SAN FRANCISCO
- CDR Darin J. Brown. USN (SS) Executive Officer
- CMDCM(SW/AW) Sean Crane USN - Command Master Chief
NROTC UNIT UC BERKELEY- (Tentative)
· LtCol John Sorensen USMC Executive Officer
US COAST GUARD STATUON GOLDEN GATE
· BM1 Jessica L. Shafer -Executive Petty Officer
SEA SCOUTS- SAN FRANCISCO
· Crewmembers SSS Viking Ship-100
12:45 Introduction of Special Guests, A Very Open Forum
.. Just a few Words!
13:25 50/50 & Drawing ½ of proceeds to USCG Station Golden Gate WRF
13:30 Good of the Order
13:30 Close Meeting Liberty call- All Hands!Best Regards
Chuck Shea, PresidentSan Francisco CouncilNavy League of the United States530-273-6017_________________________________________Tom Creedon, PresidentScoma's Restaurant"Being on the San Francisco waterfront everyday is truly rewarding to me. Nothing is more rejuvenating than letting the Bay winds blow through your hair. That, and having such a fun and creative staff to work with keeps the Scoma product fresh and keeps me feeling young."