SFMX Invitation 1700 Thursday, May 13, Pier 35
- The Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay Regioncordially invites the officers, directors, and members of thePacific Merchant Marine Councilto the Exchange's annual May Day party1700 - 2100, Thursday, May 13Pier 35, The Embarcadero, San Francisco(between Bay Street and North Point Street)Parking available at venue - no additional chargeHost wine, beer, and buffetVisit the Marine Exchange at http://www.sfmx.orgRSVP mayday at sfmx dot org and PMMC at cwo dot com____________________________________Ahoy Members and Friends,Splice the mainbrace with fellow Marine Exchange members.Though the invitation does not indicate it, there is no charge to attend.Please be sure to wear your Navy League lapel pin.Heave Ho.Phelps
I anticipate observing the meeting of the Harbor Safety Committee of the San Francisco Bay Region. This committee is a mandate of the California Oil Spill and Response Act of 1960. Afterwards, along with Captain Mark Shafer and others, I will be attending the San Francisco Marine Exchange annual May Day social.
The council is seeking a member willing to represent the council at the Harbor Safety Committee meetings. Please let me know if you might care to take this assignment on.
HARBOR SAFETY COMMITTEE
of the San Francisco Bay Region
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Port of San Francisco
Pier 1 Conference Center (adjacent to the Ferry Building)
San Francisco, California
Chair: Joan Lundstrom
1. Quorum Call
2. Approval of the Minutes
3. Comments by Chair Joan Lundstrom
4. Coast Guard Report Captain Paul Gugg
5. US Army Corps of Engineers Report Lt. Colonel Laurence Farrell
6. Clearinghouse Report Kaitlin Ortega
7. OSPR Report Captain Gary Toledo
8. NOAA Report Gerry Wheaton
9. State Lands Commission Report Chris Beckwith
10. Air Resources Board, Low Sulphur Fuel Switching - Peggy Taricco
11. ARB Maritime Technical Working Group Report: Briefing Bonnie Sorriano, ARB: Discussion
12. Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) Symposium: Operating Ships Within Emission Control Areas: Open Discussion
13. Work Group Reports
¨ Tug Work Group Captain Jonathan Mendes
Þ Possible Vote
¨ Navigation Work Group Captain Bruce Horton
Þ Possible Vote- Under Keel Clearance Guidlines
¨ Ferry Operations Work Group Captain Patrick Murphy
¨ Dredge Issues Work Group Captain Marc Bayer
¨ Prevention through People Work Group Margot Brown
¨ PORTS Work Group Captain Esam Amso
Þ Possible Vote HSC Support for Continued Operations and Maintenance Funding for PORTS
¨ HSC Plan Update Work Group Linda Scourtis
14. PORTS Report Kaitlin Ortega
15. Public Comment
16. Old Business
17. New Business
18. Next meeting June 10; 2010; 10:00; Port of Oakland, Exhibit Room, 530 Water Street
--- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Pacific Merchant Marine Council" <pmmc@...> wrote:
The Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay Region cordially invites the officers, directors, and members of the Pacific Merchant Marine Council to the Exchange's annual May Day party
1700 - 2100, Thursday, May 13, Pier 35, The Embarcadero, San Francisco (between Bay Street and North Point Street).
Parking available at venue - no additional charge.
Host wine, beer, and buffet.
Visit the Marine Exchange at http://www.sfmx.org
RSVP mayday at sfmx dot org and PMMC at cwo dot com
Ahoy Members and Friends,
Splice the mainbrace with fellow Marine Exchange members.
Though the invitation does not indicate it, there is no charge to attend.
Please be sure to wear your Navy League lapel pin.