Now Is The TIME FOR ACTION! Save The SS UNITED STATES

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2010

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      I think you all know the membership vote at our March 15 luncheon meeting to "adopt" the SS UNITED STATES was unanimous.

      I have been corresponding by E-mail with the SS UNITED STATES Conservancy and others in regards to the adoption. And keeping up with the news via the Internet.

      Our council's adoption certificate is essentially waiting for the appropriate time of presentation and signing. The date, time, and place of that occurring will be announced. We are awaiting our council's "Plankower" certificate. To see what it looks like visit http://www.ssusplankowner.org/cert.html. May I encourage you to get a personal certificate?

      I continue to add links on our ever expanding links page,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/Links, here are five related to the Big U:

      SS United States Conservancy
      The SS United States Conservancy seeks to preserve and revitalize the SS United States, the largest and fastest ocean liner ever built in her namesake's country. The Conservancy works to ensure that the nation's flagship will endure for future generations as the ultimate expression of the United States Merchant Marine and American transatlantic passenger shipping. News, take action, board, shop, history, donate, stories, contacts, and links.
      http://www.ssunitedstatesconservancy.org/SSUS/Home.html

      SS United States Conservancy's Latest Update
      SS UNITED STATES blog - latest information. Link to become a plank owner. Events, media releases, links to videos, and more.
      http://ssunitedstatesconservancy.org/SSUS/blog

      SS UNITED STATES Conservancy Fundraising Video

      SS United States  Conservancy Plank Owner Certificate (Sample)
      http://www.ssusplankowner.org/cert.html

      SS UNITED STATES Yahoo Group Forum
      This forum for exchanging artifact information, history, ideas for the future, news and stories pertaining to the SS United States. The focus is on her history, present state and her future.
      Here is some of that correspondence.